Progressive Rock

Never my thing prog rock, 15 years old in 1977, loved the punk /new wave thing, in retrospect, growing up i have come to appreciate all kinds of music. prog rock has produced some beautiful music. Bit biased, used to be friendly with Jon Anderson's nephew, pass the street jon was born on often, also Rick Wakeman is a genius. yes produced some sublime music.
Used to live in Clayton myself for 16 years, love Jon Anderson
Which street was he born on, never been able to find out?

Norfolk St, between Burnley rd and Avenue parade, not to far from Clayton where my Mother was born.

Norfolk St, between Burnley rd and Avenue parade, not to far from Clayton where my Mother was born.
I'm sure I read in chapter 1 of his memoirs
"There I was living in Clayton-le-Moors"
That says to me he moved down Whalley Rd to Clayton at some point
Don't suppose you know where he lived in Clayton?

Good call pal.

The Yes Album,
GFTO,
would be my top 3 by a mile, but I’d find it very hard to rank/choose between those three.
The Yes Album
GFTO
Drama
Talk
Are top tier for me...

Fragile
The Ladder
Magnification
Big Generator
Keystudio
Are second tier for me

Close
Tales
Relayer
Still great stuff... But listen to not much.

Soft spot for some of Union

But
Fly, Open, Quest, Heaven are all clunkers

Last edited:
I like the 3 Starcastle albums more than a lot of Yes albums. I’ve always found it incredible that Terry Luttrell was the vocalist on the first 2 REO Speedwagon albums and he didn’t sound remotely like he does in Starcastle.

Yeah. I have those REO albums.

It is interesting how some very good vocalists can do things you wouldn't expect. I've seen Paul Rodgers with Queen a couple of times and some of the songs he sang very well were quite far from Blues Rock.

The Yes Album
GFTO
Drama
Talk
Are top tier for me...

Fragile
The Ladder
Magnification
Big Generator
Keystudio
Are second tier for me

Closer
Tales
Relayer
Still great stuff... But listen to not much.

Soft spot for some of Union

But
Fly, Open, Quest, Heaven are all clunkers
Close to the Edge?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.