Proposed limit on academy squad sizes

We have with the African lads for instance. Most City fans couldn't even list them. Godbotherer Jones or whatever his name is, who we sent to Denmark for instance.

Of course there is an argument that we are helping them get work at a decent level, & that has to be taken into consideration & balanced out against whether we are actually tempting them away from signing for other clubs who would play them.
That's my thinking exactly on the African lads (although you never know how they'll turn out), I'm fairly certain that we're not doing it to make a fast buck. I'm unsure of who anyone can point at and say we're doing a Chelsea? The Australian lad maybe?

That's my thinking exactly on the African lads (although you never know how they'll turn out), I'm fairly certain that we're not doing it to make a fast buck. I'm unsure of who anyone can point at and say we're doing a Chelsea? The Australian lad maybe?

That wouldn't count, I imagine, as he's too old.

But we've had several young African lads in places like Norway & when they have done well, it still hasn't resulted in a sniff of a game here so far. So we will have to make an argument to explain it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.