Protest?

Well that makes you a complete and utter fucking bellend then.

FYI, City and Liverpool fans - along with Everton and Newcastle fans - were all present in October 2015 ahead of our home game against Newcastle as part of a nationwide day of action campaigning for cheaper Premier League away tickets, a campaign that ultimately proved successful. It’s a shame you weren’t there. We were outside the stadium at the bottom of the bridge and you could’ve told those “Dipper fans” to their faces that you’d sooner pay double than join forces with them.
Well we can’t all be great City fans like you can we now. After all, I’ve only been supporting them home and away for 60 years - even when I lived in London. But your achievements are inspiring. You are also so kind & polite to fellow City fans but, then again, your dedication to our club entitles you to belittle other lesser fans & treat them like shit.
Well done you

Protest against the club owner CEO Chairman, the people that have gone out and got us pep and players i could never dreamed we could have in a blue shirt 20 years ago, yes im not happy with price increases or the cost of a pie but protest sorry its a big no from me.
feel free to call me a ****.

You're a **** :-) it's a Muffin as well.

When 15,000 Liverpool fans walked out in 77th minute over £77 tickets the LFC board backed down. City also froze season tickets that year because they were scared of fan power and us doing the same. It can work but only if fans have the bollocks to actually do something on en masse and not keep going i’m alright jack

Well we can’t all be great City fans like you can we now. After all, I’ve only been supporting them home and away for 60 years - even when I lived in London. But your achievements are inspiring. You are also so kind & polite to fellow City fans but, then again, your dedication to our club entitles you to belittle other lesser fans & treat them like shit.
Well done you
Well don’t make stupid statements about sooner paying double for your ticket than copying Liverpool fans then. How many years you’ve been following City home and away is utterly fucking irrelevant when coming out with shite like that.

During the Swales years after the game had finished me and a few friends used to wait outside the main stand for a bit before catching the bus into town as the pubs didn't open again until 5.30. One of my mates would randomly roar in his booming voice 'Swales Out'. There was an article in the Guardian some time later that referenced 'an obsessed individual' shouting for Swales to go after games :)

Made his year :)

Well don’t make stupid statements about sooner paying double for your ticket than copying Liverpool fans then. How many years you’ve been following City home and away is utterly fucking irrelevant when coming out with shite like that.
You need to look in the mirror pal. you clearly think you know better than anyone else. However, I repeat, I’d rather pay double than join ranks with the robbing; coach bombing; FFP loving victims. You, on the other hand, would prefer to malign our club in conjunction with your red friends.
I don’t presume to tell you what to think, so don’t fucking tell me what I should think.

Well done & have a great time protesting.

You need to look in the mirror pal. you clearly think you know better than anyone else. However, I repeat, I’d rather pay double than join ranks with the robbing; coach bombing; FFP loving victims. You, on the other hand, would prefer to malign our club in conjunction with your red friends.
I don’t presume to tell you what to think, so don’t fucking tell me what I should think.

Well done & have a great time protesting.
I’m well aware that some Liverpool fans are twats but fancy tarring a whole fanbase with the same brush. Proper ****’s trick that

I think what we need here is some sense of perspective. We are, without a doubt, one of the best run clubs - if not THE best - in world football. We have owners who have brought us a level of success, over the past 15 years, that even the most optimistic of supporters could not have dreamed of. We have a superb manager and a team which plays the sort of football, which is an absolute joy to watch.

So for City fans to launch a general protest against the club, and the way in which it is run, seems to me to be the epitome of the words "spoiled" and "entitled". Isn't this exactly the reason why us City fans have derided fans of other big clubs - especially Liverpool - for so long; because their fans believe they deserve success, more than any other club? Have a thought for the likes of Reading fans, whose club has been decimated by an unscrupulous overseas owner, who is out to bleed as much cash from their club as he can. They are the sort of fans who have every right to throw tennis balls on the pitch or launch a pitch invasion in protest against their owner.

If City fans were to launch a protest against our owners it would, in my opinion, lead to nothing more than loud guffaws from the rest of the football world and accusations over "entitlement". I think we have enough undeserved negative media coverage to contend with, without providing another one ourselves.

Of course, the club is not perfect - far from it in many regards - and I wouldn't seek to deny anyone with a genuine grievance against the club to seek redress. But a general protest? Absolutely not, in my view.

Let's consider the wider picture and have a thought for the supporters of Reading, Bury and countless other clubs which have been pillaged by rapacious owners. Surely, our grievances are nowhere near as serious as theirs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.