Protest?

No we aren’t. Many Legacy fans have walked away from City or have been priced out by City. Even football fans walk away in the end and don’t come back.
What? It’s one thing not being able to go and you might go to an odd game somewhere else but you should still be blue at heart.
If you can’t go and then decide to be a rag or dipper or fan of someone else and all that entails then good riddance

I only have One thing to say "Fuck off with your Protest" fuckin embarrassing. If you're not happy go and support the likes of F.C.United, you complete and utter Cockwomble.
I'm doing just fine mate, I've got 27.5k points and don't struggle for any tickets personally, and am not struggling financially.

But I see many fans around me getting every last penny squeezed out of them, I see people desperate to go to away game without a hope in hell, and I see the way my autistic lad was traumatised by the way we were treated in Istanbul without even an acknowledgement from the club. Even UEFA managed that.

Maybe in 5 years time you'll be wishing we did something about it now

People just accepting it because of the quality of football or ‘the cost of everything is going up right now’ blow my fucking mind. The point is that City don’t have to do this, it’s a purposeful ploy by City to get longstanding blues to not renew and replace them with tourists that will pay £70 for a ticket and £100 in the club shop, simple as that they don’t want/need us there anymore. They know the current financial situation of lots of Mancunians and don’t give a fuck. Proper kick in the teeth for those of us that carried us through the dark days.

Don’t even get me started on the ‘world class players won’t pay for themselves point’

Thick as fuck

I haven't had a good protest since Swales out. Police horses the lot, happy days. I did go on a save Sven march but that was a bit of a damp squib.

The cake won’t last forever. We’ll be left with crumbs then. Yet the new cakes will be more expensive than ever.

When Pep, the best cake baker ever has gone, who’s going to bake the award winning trophy cakes then?
Jamie pollock but he will have eaten them all before he got chance to present them!!

It needs an independent supporters club to speak for the fans. Should get at least 10k members , £5 year to join, a proper constituted body, but not subservient to the club, doing the SLO job or a display group (who rely on club cooperation so are tempered) .
That was the CSA 30 years ago, formed as the Independent Supporters Club but changed the name because (I kid you not) the club didn't like the Independent bit....

The wasted opportunity was branches still wanted tickets and players ti attend meetings. They should have been truly Independent, open to individuals too and not reliant on the club in any way but there to challenge the club when needed

What? It’s one thing not being able to go and you might go to an odd game somewhere else but you should still be blue at heart.
If you can’t go and then decide to be a rag or dipper or fan of someone else and all that entails then good riddance

Let me give you one example.

A friend of mine and his father, long term season ticket holders, sat on the front row of ESL1 for many years. When the club brought in the bigger advertising boards and took the first 3 rows of seating out they had to move further up ESL1 and were given 2 seats next to each other that were available. They didn’t asked to be moved. They were forced to move. As a good will gesture the club kept their season ticket prices at the same price for 1 season. The following season the club increased their season ticket prices because the seats were further up ESL1. My friend and his dad weren’t prepared to pay that price. And they felt they had been messed about by the club. They haven’t been back to the Etihad since. I asked my friend if he misses going to City. He said he doesn’t anymore. Yet he supports City as passionately as he’s ever done. No matter if you go to the match or not you don’t ever lose the passion for City. I know other people who don’t go to the matches anymore. If I gave up my season ticket and stopped going to the matches I would still support City as passionately as I do now as a season ticket holder. And no, I wouldn’t go watching FUCKem at Pallet Park instead. :-)

Last edited:
I agree with the idea of a protest but it won't happen. Unfortunately there seems to be a void of kindness and even though there was a smattering of coming together over a charity shield game being a poxy 3 hours late, too many people are selfish enough not to care if it's not directly impacting them. Not an indictment on our fan base. It's society. Such a shame there isn't a will as ultimately we'll get what we deserve for staying quiet and being walked over

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.