Protest?

Before I start, I want to say that on the field this has been the best few years I've witnessed as a blue. But off the field, I'm finding myself feeling angrier and angrier at the decisions being made by the club.

Recently we've seen:
  • Ticket Prices that completely price out our core support
  • More expensive Season Tickets than ever before
  • Far too many away tickets are being siphoned away from the loyalty points scheme
  • Home tickets for big games are being sold via Hospitality Packages and Third Party Websites, with very few being made available to Matchday members
  • Plans to put "Premium Seating" in the new north stand, despite constant calls from WeAre1894 and City Matters NOT to do this
  • Failure to acknowledge, let alone condemn, the trouble that our own fans faced in Istanbul

Not only are all of these a betrayal of the very supporters who've supported this club through thick and thin, but show a clear lack of long-term business understanding. Which tells me that our current business strategy is to make as much money as possible right now, and then 10 years from now it'll be someone else's problem anyway so who cares right?

The reason I believe we need to organise some kind of protest is that the club simply won't listen unless we make a fuss. They've proven time and time again that they won't listen to City Matters, and as individuals, we have absolutely no voice. If we make a fuss and the Media catch on, then we could finally start to see some change for the better.

Just a suggestion, would be interested to hear how others feel?
The utter contempt the club showed to the thousands of supporters who were impacted by UEFA's ineptitude in Istanbul still rankles with me.

Never thought I'd see the day when OUR club would turn its back on us and look the other way.

Manchester City have got to the level of if you don't pay somebody else will.
Sadly it's what happens with successful clubs and demand for big tickets at any price overwhelms the local fan base. The truth is Manchester City can not win? lower the prices and generating more season tickets will still not stop the tourist fans from coming because they have the right to buy a ticket/season ticket just like local Manchester people

The corporate fan base and the money brings in is not only good for the club but for Manchester as well
Also, the corporate fan base has always been way out of the pockets of normal city fans, So if City want more corporate fans' money we might as well build them into the new stand with normal fans.

Prices have to go up and the truth is most clubs in the Premier League will raise their prices too.
I think Manchester City tickets are still good value for what's on offer and you can never please everybody

There are 40 price categories on the price list.

If you take the average category for a Gold ST that is £849 rising from £802, so a £47 rise or 5.9%

Whilst that is only the average category and not the average ticket, 40 categories are enough to know the average price rise is far closer to 6% than 5%. Therefore these statements about the 5% average rise just show the club can't even piss straight, 5.9% being 18% higher than 5%.

The new categories range from £425 to £1,600 with the median of £860.

£860 is the 4th out of 5 category of ticket on CBL1 and ES1 (so the 2nd cheapest excluding pitch side) or the 2nd out of 5 categories on CB3 and ES3.

The £860 tickets have risen by £55 (6.8%) on level 1 but only £40 (4.9%) on level 3.

The line above is evidence of a direction of travel towards "price equalisation" within tiers/stands, with the best example is the Colin Bell or East Stand Level 1, with the expensive tickets going up £35 and the cheapest going up £75 as shown below:
CB L1 1CB L1 2CB L1 3CB L1 4CB L1 5
£915​
£900​
£875​
£860​
£820​
£880​
£855​
£825​
£805​
£745​
£35​
£45​
£50​
£55​
£75​
4.0%​
5.3%​
6.1%​
6.8%​
10.1%​

What is most concerning about the above is the Cat 5 tickets were considered North Stand a few years ago, they are the 132 and 140 corners. 132 and 140 North Stand ST holders were told they would need to move over a decade ago as NS L1 was becoming part of the family stand along with NS L2 which already was. 132 and 140 ST holders were then informed they could stay as there wasn't enough demand, but now are reclassified and CB and ES, and the prices are being accelerated to CB and ES L1 "target prices".

I found out a few other things of interest, but I am using the word very euphemistically.

It needs a group of fan representatives from all clubs to coordinate a protest as lots of regular fans at all clubs have the same issues. Clubs are moving away from the loyalty from season ticket holders to getting more match day revenue from tourist or casual fans. Spurs have taken away OAP concessions and many more will follow

FOC like me will remember the days when it was pay on day and sell outs were a rare event with clubs desperate for loyalty and season ticket holders

Times have changed and with rising prices and additional games all adding to the cost for loyal regular fans it’s a bigger commitment each season

The atmosphere and passion at any ground is better when season ticket holders get together with mates on a regular basis to create the noise to transmit to the pitch (and tv)

Co ordinated action from fans at all clubs is successful when you remember the cap on away tickets prices and the break away European league collapse so things can be done

its our game and if younger fans are not careful the game experience as we know it will be lost and matches will be a theatre full or neutral /corporate / tourists fans spending a fortune for a day out

thank god I am an FOC and have seen City at all levels….and saved the best years till last

Last edited:
There are 40 price categories on the price list.

If you take the average category for a Gold ST that is £849 rising from £802, so a £47 rise or 5.9%

Whilst that is only the average category and not the average ticket, 40 categories are enough to know the average price rise is far closer to 6% than 5%. Therefore these statements about the 5% average rise just show the club can't even piss straight, 5.9% being 18% higher than 5%.

The new categories range from £425 to £1,600 with the median of £860.

£860 is the 4th out of 5 category of ticket on CBL1 and ES1 (so the 2nd cheapest excluding pitch side) or the 2nd out of 5 categories on CB3 and ES3.

The £860 tickets have risen by £55 (6.8%) on level 1 but only £40 (4.9%) on level 3.

The line above is evidence of a direction of travel towards "price equalisation" within tiers/stands, with the best example is the Colin Bell or East Stand Level 1, with the expensive tickets going up £35 and the cheapest going up £75 as shown below:
CB L1 1CB L1 2CB L1 3CB L1 4CB L1 5
£915​
£900​
£875​
£860​
£820​
£880​
£855​
£825​
£805​
£745​
£35​
£45​
£50​
£55​
£75​
4.0%​
5.3%​
6.1%​
6.8%​
10.1%​

What is most concerning about the above is the Cat 5 tickets were considered North Stand a few years ago, they are the 132 and 140 corners. 132 and 140 North Stand ST holders were told they would need to move over a decade ago as NS L1 was becoming part of the family stand along with NS L2 which already was. 132 and 140 ST holders were then informed they could stay as there wasn't enough demand, but now are reclassified and CB and ES, and the prices are being accelerated to CB and ES L1 "target prices".

I found out a few other things of interest, but I am using the word very euphemistically.
There’s a load of extra fans now entitled to FOC discounts that will drag the average down.

Maybe that’s factored into the quoted 4.5%.

There’s a load of extra fans now entitled to FOC discounts that will drag the average down.

Maybe that’s factored into the quoted 4.5%.
My branch has put the City Matters Reps statement on their Facebook page. That’s good to see. Glad to see the OSC are now starting to make their feelings known about the continuing season ticket and match day prices rises as well.

The utter contempt the club showed to the thousands of supporters who were impacted by UEFA's ineptitude in Istanbul still rankles with me.

Never thought I'd see the day when OUR club would turn its back on us and look the other way.
We all take the piss out of the scousers but they would of stood up for their fans and the rags probably too ,our lot swept it under the carpet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.