Protest?

We're the perfect target... too many people who are completely against critiquing the club in any way.

Constant price rises (whilst making an £80m profit) are unnecessary and show how little the club cares for its legacy fans. City gets a hell of a lot wrong when it comes to fan engagement, and one day, the chickens will come home to roost.

Pep and Haaland won't be here forever... and neither will a lot of us legacy fans if we continue down this path.

Meanwhile in the real world most supporters are busy renewing, some with the intention of moving to a cheaper seat maybe and a few have probably decided to jack it in either for financial reasons or because they aren't enjoying it any longer.

I've been match going since 1962-63 season but thinking about it have I ever felt valued by the club at any point and I have to say no. Ticket prices have always been what the club felt they could get away with. Did Swales, Lee, Wardle & Makin value me and if they did how come I missed it?

I felt valued by the club during the Franny and Gary Cook eras.

I did take part in the Swales out protest even though he was a true City fan.

Last edited:
We're the perfect target... too many people who are completely against critiquing the club in any way.

Constant price rises (whilst making an £80m profit) are unnecessary and show how little the club cares for its legacy fans. City gets a hell of a lot wrong when it comes to fan engagement, and one day, the chickens will come home to roost.

Pep and Haaland won't be here forever... and neither will a lot of us legacy fans if we continue down this path.
I always firmly believed in the idea that a football corporation (I'm refraining from using the term 'club' from now on) would adopt the mantra "we'll be there for you in good times so that you're there for us in bad times".

I'm not necessarily against price increases per se, and certainly not at a time when operating costs are going up. It's the scale of the increase without explanation that disappoints me. I'm up 9.5%. I can afford it but that's not the point. For me, even a bland statement would go some way to easing the disappointment, but no, nothing.

Everyone has the right to react how they want, but I'm quite surprised how much bootlicking there is towards the corporation. People suggesting some sort of dissent are met with a great deal of hostility. I think it’s fine to disagree but I am somewhat perturbed by the lack of empathy from some towards those who feel the effects of this price hike. There will doubtless be some in this camp who themselves may fall victims to incessant increases further down the line.

Last edited:
It would be useful and interesting if posters would put their season ticket seat no’s on their posts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.