Protest?

Not being funny but if you were on the verge of being priced out you'd have a different viewpoint, pal, and most other SC holders would too.

Bluemoon is our(City's) biggest social media platform for supporters to have their say and it's fair to say most natives on here are getting fed up with annual price hikes.

The only way to let the club know is in the stadium and banners saying 'don't price loyal supporters out' will help get the message across. We could fund a plane with a banner to fly over the stadium with a message that Khaldoon and company can't fail to notice.

Someone mentioned staying behind after a game to show our discontent, not a bad idea. Maybe pick a game to boycott and stay at home and watch the game on TV, but leave your seat empty so the club can see.

Those 'i'm alright Jack' types maybe alright for now but for how long? The only way to get the club to take notice is to do something about it, otherwise talk is cheap.

Put up or shut up - as they say...
So instead of spending money on a ticket you wanna spend it on a plane and banner instead??

A couple of examples in Europe. Different reasons.

Napoli fans release a statement saying they will remain silent when Milan travel to the Stadio Maradona on Sunday to protest against the increase in ticket prices and restrictions due to security reasons.

Bundesliga fans are planning a 12-minute silence across all league games this weekend to protest against the potential sale of TV rights.

In allusion to the effect of fans as the proverbial 12th member of the team, fan clubs and "ultras" from several of Germany's top clubs, notably supporters of Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, announced on Friday Sportschau reports, that they will remain silent for the first 12 minutes of their teams' forthcoming games.

I always firmly believed in the idea that a football corporation (I'm refraining from using the term 'club' from now on) would adopt the mantra "we'll be there for you in good times so that you're there for us in bad times".

I'm not necessarily against price increases per se, and certainly not at a time when operating costs are going up. It's the scale of the increase without explanation that disappoints me. I'm up 9.5%. I can afford it but that's not the point. For me, even a bland statement would go some way to easing the disappointment, but no, nothing.

Everyone has the right to react how they want, but I'm quite surprised how much bootlicking there is towards the club. People suggesting some sort of dissent are met with a great deal of hostility. I think it’s fine to disagree but I am somewhat perturbed by the lack of empathy from some towards those who feel the effects of this price hike. There will doubtless be some in this camp who themselves may fall victims to incessant increases further down the line.
The club hasn’t engaged with fans who experienced a near death experience in Istanbul.

I nearly died of excitement and alcoholic poisoning !!

Pep out.

I always firmly believed in the idea that a football corporation (I'm refraining from using the term 'club' from now on) would adopt the mantra "we'll be there for you in good times so that you're there for us in bad times".

I'm not necessarily against price increases per se, and certainly not at a time when operating costs are going up. It's the scale of the increase without explanation that disappoints me. I'm up 9.5%. I can afford it but that's not the point. For me, even a bland statement would go some way to easing the disappointment, but no, nothing.

Everyone has the right to react how they want, but I'm quite surprised how much bootlicking there is towards the club. People suggesting some sort of dissent are met with a great deal of hostility. I think it’s fine to disagree but I am somewhat perturbed by the lack of empathy from some towards those who feel the effects of this price hike. There will doubtless be some in this camp who themselves may fall victims to incessant increases further down the line.
Of course everyone wants the prices frozen, but as big box office that we are ain't going to happen as we are still a fair bit down on match revenue as other clubs, there lies the problem, ffp certainly also doesn't help so the number crunchers have to be seen doing there job...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.