PS3 help

Rushton121

Went to turn on my ps3 before and it immediately turned itself off with a yellow light flashing and then beeped 3 times and just wont turn on :(
I've had it about 2 and a half years, will my warranty still be ok and will SONY fix it for free or will i have to shell out stupid money?

you've got the yellow light of doom mate which basiclly means its fucked. it means its overheated and one of the parts (or more) has gone. you probably will have to shell out mega bucks as im sure ps3's have a 1-2 year warranty

fucking great....cant really afford to pay stupid money to get it fixed
Had a game stuck in it too :(

lol not the first post that was wrong.. on the post were it says edit its where i put something else then found it was wrong. his ps3 has definetly overheated =)

supercity36 said:
you've got the yellow light of doom mate which basiclly means its fucked. it means its overheated and one of the parts (or more) has gone. you probably will have to shell out mega bucks as im sure ps3's have a 1-2 year warranty

This is wrong they send you a new ps3 it happened to my brothers ps3 and they give it you for free, you lose all your saved data though, but try and remember your email and password for your ps3 online

MCFC1993 said:
supercity36 said:

This is wrong they send you a new ps3 it happened to my brothers ps3 and they give it you for free, you lose all your saved data though, but try and remember your email and password for your ps3 online

lol i had a mate same situation has his for just over 2 years and they said they wouldnt replace it as it was out of warranty.. your mates was probably still in warranty

just rang up sony and theyre coming to collect it on tuesday after me paying £145 :\

luckily though i've not lost my saved games etc and the ps1 games i'd downloaded from the playstation store

really couldve done without the cost though, already shelled out £85 for hiring my gown etc for graduation and £310 for my season ticket :\

RIP PS3 2007-2009 *wipes away tear*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.