PSG (2nd Leg) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCFC1993

So...here we go.

- Sagna, Fernandinho and pretty much Clichy all rested, so should be fresh for Tuesday.
- De Bruyne improving upon his match fitness.
- Concern over Silva's ankle but possibly just rested, I assume he'll be okay.
- Yaya's back (some may view that as a negative).
- Possible concern over Aguero, Navas & Fernando having no rest.
- Kompany return on the horizon but doubt he'll make the game on Tuesday.
- Gutted we dropped Nasri out of the squad now, we all know who we wished he would have.

Can't see Pellegrini going for a 0-0 and with our defence not sure i'd want him too. Get the 1st goal and we're in a good position.

PSG news: Matuidi and unfortunately Luiz are suspended. Pastore still injured but apparently Verratti trained pain-free, although I doubt he'll be match sharp. They are arguable stronger dropping Di Maria into midfield, bringing Lucas in for Matuidi and Marquinhos in for Luiz. Might leave them short on defensive protection, with Motta the only defensive minded midfielder.

Early team prediction:

----------------------------------Hart
Sagna-----------Otamendi--------------Mangala-----------Clichy
-------------------Yaya-------------------Fernando
Fernandinho---------------De Bruyne-----------------------Silva
--------------------------------Aguero

Their team prediction:
----------------------------------Trapp
Aurier---------Marquinhos--------------T.Silva-----------Maxwell
----------------------------------Motta
-------------------Rabiot-------------------Di Maria
Lucas------------------------Ibrahimovic---------------------Cavani

If Verratti is back take Lucas out, push Di Maria up and put Verratti in midfield.

Worried about this one because its a game that relies on tactics! Think thats our best setup for goals and defensive protection.

Navas wills start. (He shouldn't but he will)

Hoping that him playing back to back games means Fernandinho will play on the right. Need someone to track Maxwell, Navas is usually alright but he gave Maxwell the freedom of Paris in the first leg.

PSG will score. No way we will keep a blanc. It's all about us able to keep up scoring the same number of goals as them and an extra one to avoid extra time or going out on away goals.

Ibrahimovic, Silva, Di Maria, Motta, Cavani, Maxwell was rested at the weekend and Blanc has recently come out and said Verrati may be fit.

What a shit league that is.

Morning blues. Great week gone...lets hope City keep it going and play like we know they can. Good Delph, De Bruyne & Nasri have more minutes leading into Tuesday. Big mistake to think this tie is won. PSG are a top team & will be smarting from Wednesday. Ibrahimovic will be fired up and the centre halfs will need to be on top form. Hope Kompany plays. I'd unleash Kelechi together with Kun (if he has stopped limping and is ok.) Silva, Aguero, Kelechi and KDB will keep them occupied. Yaya & Fernandinho sitting behind. Clichy & Sagna, Kompany & Mangala in defence. Keep the
faith ;-)

So...here we go.

- Sagna, Fernandinho and pretty much Clichy all rested, so should be fresh for Tuesday.
- De Bruyne improving upon his match fitness.
- Concern over Silva's ankle but possibly just rested, I assume he'll be okay.
- Yaya's back (some may view that as a negative).
- Possible concern over Aguero, Navas & Fernando having no rest.
- Kompany return on the horizon but doubt he'll make the game on Tuesday.
- Gutted we dropped Nasri out of the squad now, we all know who we wished he would have.

Can't see Pellegrini going for a 0-0 and with our defence not sure i'd want him too. Get the 1st goal and we're in a good position.

PSG news: Matuidi and unfortunately Luiz are suspended. Pastore still injured but apparently Verratti trained pain-free, although I doubt he'll be match sharp. They are arguable stronger dropping Di Maria into midfield, bringing Lucas in for Matuidi and Marquinhos in for Luiz. Might leave them short on defensive protection, with Motta the only defensive minded midfielder.

Early team prediction:

----------------------------------Hart
Sagna-----------Otamendi--------------Mangala-----------Clichy
-------------------Yaya-------------------Fernando
Fernandinho---------------De Bruyne-----------------------Silva
--------------------------------Aguero

Their team prediction:
----------------------------------Trapp
Aurier---------Marquinhos--------------T.Silva-----------Maxwell
----------------------------------Motta
-------------------Rabiot-------------------Di Maria
Lucas------------------------Ibrahimovic---------------------Cavani

If Verratti is back take Lucas out, push Di Maria up and put Verratti in midfield.

Worried about this one because its a game that relies on tactics! Think thats our best setup for goals and defensive protection.

You quite rightly say it could be a game that relies heavily on tactics. We're fucked then! We all know they aren't MPs strong points! I think we're in for a tougher game than they gave us at their place but fingers crossed.

PSG didnt do themselves justice in the 1st leg , and the fact that the cheating tw*t Luiz isnt playing will only make them stronger ,very tough game , Vinny will not be risked , so it will depend on how Mangala and Otto play on the night , i can see PSG scoring a couple , one will be a present and the other offside or a dodgy penalty, We will need to score 3 or 4 to go through , and we are capable of that , we need a big night from our big game player Yaya , and KDB , Silva , Kun , Dinho will be vital. Would like to see Kolarov playing left midfield/wing he was excellent against the Baggies and is a goal threat , Navas final ball is awful at this level and Fernando gives away possession and silly free kicks , so they should be on the bench.
HART - SAGNA , OTTO , MANGALA , CLICHY - KDB , DINHO , YAYA , SILVA , KOLAROV - AGUERO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.