Pub landlady wins case over use of foreign decoder

Re: pub landlady wins appeal

Stevie B said:
The crazy wages and Sly monopoly have gone on for too long now. a change is needed.

a scrapping of transfer fee's is needed.

Too many clubs have become victim to this and find themselves in financial obscurity.

We could be lucky with the building of this campus as we could produce quality talent.

Scrapping transfer fees will really hit lower clubs who rely on the money from selling players on that have come through academies..

She hasn't actually won the case as such. The court ruled that the match stream itself didn't breach copyright but any Sky/PL branded content did, as it was shown as part of a public communication and therefore she needed permission to show any such content.

The simplest solution (for Sky) is for the branded and copyrighted material to be somehow shown as part of the match-stream which would make it illegal to show the match. Still got to be enforced however so a new approach is probably required.

Lol i just checked the traffic to some dish/decoder outlets online, some of them almost went offline with the amount of hits their site got since today.

Mikecini said:
Just gets my goat what the fuckers charge for what is in effect a monopoly.
It gets my goat that people will pay it, but then, it's their money, it's their choice.

-- Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:44 pm --

TCIB said:
Lol i just checked the traffic to some dish/decoder outlets online, some of them almost went offline with the amount of hits their site got since today.
It's Metallica vs Napster all over again.

Absolutely insane for Sky to bring this into the public eye.

Tell you what though, greed usually ends up making everyone's lives better in the end. Maybe the Tories are right! *shudder*

This will make no difference in the long term, the rule that has been judged is the right to use a outside broadcaster from another country.

The rule to ban live games being shown between 3-5 on saturday afternoon is an FA rule to protect attendance figures.

all that will happen is who ever broadcasts to games to the UK in that time frame will be challeneged. In all probability it will lead to those outside boradcasters being taken to court by the FA, or sky being forced to stop the broadcast of 3pm games to other countries.

In both cases TV subscription will go through the roof, or the next bid for rights will be so low it will hit clubs hard.

sniff said:
This will make no difference in the long term, the rule that has been judged is the right to use a outside broadcaster from another country.

The rule to ban live games being shown between 3-5 on saturday afternoon is an FA rule to protect attendance figures.

all that will happen is who ever broadcasts to games to the UK in that time frame will be challeneged. In all probability it will lead to those outside boradcasters being taken to court by the FA, or sky being forced to stop the broadcast of 3pm games to other countries.

In both cases TV subscription will go through the roof, or the next bid for rights will be so low it will hit clubs hard.

Said on the news earlier that its the rights to the theme music and titles thats the issue not the actual game its self.. theres always a way around these things..

So how would this woman react if I bought a six pack at the offie next door for five quid and proceeded to drink the lot at her pub?

After all, I'm just finding a way around paying the exorbitant prices for a pint...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.