Pundits/co Commentators?

Has anyone ever heard anything they have not already seen by a pundit or given an insight that we hadnt seen ourselves?
Dion Dublin- That was a good run ,he crossed it but the header went wide!
John Hartson- Good pass that but nothing on the end of it.

??
Or Ally McCoist too busy undoing his kecks over Ronaldo to even open his eyes to see he didn't score the goal

I think the amount of live football shown these days has pretty much saturated the co-commentary market.

It’s also probably made most run out of new things to say, whilst the fan has never listened so hard for errors or slights on their teams.

Only McCoist was tolerated on here before the WC, but that was probably more down to the fact he’s sparsely heard. Even he is getting pelters now.

The obvious end game seems each club streaming their own games with sycophantic commentators and co-commentators.

A good example is Micah Richards. He’s a shit pundit, but has a funny laugh and was one of ours, so will be tolerated.

Last edited:
Why do we even need commentary? I know what I’m watching. I don’t need it at the game. Co commentators are utterly pointless too. Give me crowd noise and match sounds, BBC once offered that during a previous tourney.

As for in studio pundits. Haven’t watched or listened to them in years. No point. And for all the 2 faced self righteousness pundits at the WC, you can do the exact same job in a warm studio in London/Salford/John O Groats, and make more of a statement not going over the Qatar. I get the feeling that all the pitch side stuff, studio pundits etc is for armchair fans who probably have never been near a stadium or never will.

Some of the pundits and hosts have never stood on a terrace or been to a potentially tasty away game.

I think the amount of live football shown these days has pretty much saturated the co-commentary market.

It’s also probably made most run out of new things to say, whilst the fan has never listened so hard for errors or slights on their teams.

Only McCoist was tolerated on here before the WC, but that was probably more down to the fact he’s sparsely heard. Even he is getting pelters now.

The obvious end game seems each club streaming their own games with sycophantic commentators and co-commentators.

A good example is Michah Richards. He’s a shit pundit, but has a funny laugh and was one of ours, so will be tolerated.
Not for much longer.

I do wish Nedum could get a decent run.

Why do we even need commentary? I know what I’m watching. I don’t need it at the game. Co commentators are utterly pointless too. Give me crowd noise and match sounds, BBC once offered that during a previous tourney.

As for in studio pundits. Haven’t watched or listened to them in years. No point. And for all the 2 faced self righteousness pundits at the WC, you can do the exact same job in a warm studio in London/Salford/John O Groats, and make more of a statement not going over the Qatar. I get the feeling that all the pitch side stuff, studio pundits etc is for armchair fans who probably have never been near a stadium or never will.

Some of the pundits and hosts have never stood on a terrace or been to a potentially tasty away game.
Without commentators, we'd never have gems like "You have to say that's magnificent", "they think it's all over", "just look at his face", "it's up for grabs now..." or dare I say "Agueroooooo!!!".

The problem I have is that the commentators of today seem to be searching for their own iconic moment. Martin Tyler has been at it for years. Then you have co-commentators like Mark Lawrenson and Steve McManaman who don't seem to want to be there, others who openly admit they know nothing about one of the teams they're being paid to tell us about or people like Neville who use their platform to push their own agenda.

Too many ex-players with their biased support/views/agendas, others forcing studio bantz & constant references to their own player career (Wio can't do a stint of punditry without mentioning what he did at old scaffold a decade ago)

Not enough ex-managers to give us a managers-eyed perspective on things.

Too many ex-players with their biased support/views/agendas, others forcing studio bantz & constant references to their own player career (Wio can't do a stint of punditry without mentioning what he did at old scaffold a decade ago)

Not enough ex-managers to give us a managers-eyed perspective on things.
The other issue is that former players and managers don’t need to be pundits these days if they have been successful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.