Punk and New Wave thread.

Never realised they were on RSO Records a label pretty much only known for Clapton and Saturday Night Fever

2-pauline-murray-and-the-invisible-girls-pauline-murray-and-the-invisible-girls.webp
Pretty sure they weren't released on RSO in the UK. Vaguely remember it being on a Polydor imprint - Illusive? This must be the American release. Ah, see below, it was.

used-pauline-murray-and-the-invisible-girls-pauline-murray-and-the-invisible-girls-lp-album-us...jpg

In high school I was incredibly conservative. One of the students - a year or two my senior - was kind of strange - he was a nerd but due to his size (6'3" or so) and personality (easy going) he got along with basically everyone. Some teachers found him funny.

Anyhow, this guy would often sing a few versus of "Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll" out loud and then break into laughter. At the time, I thought that he was an immoral freak! LOL.

Oh how times - and my world view - have changed since.

Just been reading about one of the Invisible Girls (Pauline Murray) band.
He was murdered in Burnage in 1991 and the case has never been solved.
A few years ago someone made a short film about him that won a BAFTA

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.