Qatar Stats - This is Truly Pathetic. What a Joke.

colin's bell helmet said:
Wheelsy said:
Well that's the match sorted, what about the other 22 hours in the day? Air conditioned footpaths? Some women may be up-burqaed though...
oh shit you better tell fifa to stop the 2014 world cup then coz guess what.......brazil's fuckin hot!!

-- Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:30 pm --

ManCityFC said:
Dick. They have a population of a million and a half. What are they going to do with 6 - 12 world class football stadiums after the world cup? They could hold a 11 a side tournement every day and the whole country would have played there in a few years, and what would the North West do with 6 - 12 world class stadiums in a hugely football mad country? Give a few of them to Stockport County and Curzon Ashton?

Also, how is encouraging a country with that kind of population, helping football? What kind of tempo is the football going to be played in a 45oC?

And for the record, I now don't give a shit where they hold it, after Brazil, International football will continue its already rapid demise.

Think before you try to be a TalkSport style devils advocate.

-- December 3rd, 2010, 10:00 am --

When you come from England, then comment on English matters.
i reckon you're the dick fella with a fuckin attitude problem, if you read my post properly you wouldn't be making ridiculous statements like "What kind of tempo is the football going to be played in a 45oC?".....they're AIR CONDITIONED stadiums. what they do with 6-12 stadiums is irrelevant to you really isn't it....you clearly don't know what they are going to do with them do you?
what the fuck does this bit mean in regards to my post 'and what would the North West do with 6 - 12 world class stadiums in a hugely football mad country? Give a few of them to Stockport County and Curzon Ashton? ' could you elaborate as your ramblings are those you would normally see written on the wall of a mental hospital in shit.

What would Ron Manager think ...football should be played in the fresh air , rain teaming down, sliding tackles, two foot of mud, Fa Cup third round..jumpers for goalposts .....marvellous.....air conditioned stadiums...Ive shat em.

What's everyone on about?

It has been said that in their bid it stated that laws are being looked into so they can be changed, for good.
They are one of the most liberal countries in the Gulf already. It might also shed a bit of light to countires in this region that there is much more to life than a load of made up stories in some text book they all worship.
It should highlight that racism and hatred is wrong and there is more to life than this shit.
Something needs to be done so that a bit of unity between the western world and the middle east is reached. MCFC+Sheikh Mansour is one, this world cup is another!
Japan, USA and South Korea have all staged WC's in the last 16 years. So Australia was the only other real option, but why them over Qatar?
Also all the FANTASTIC stadia (puts our WC stadia to shame, makes em look shit tbh!) will be moved and re-homed in third world countries!

danburge82 said:
What's everyone on about?

It has been said that in their bid it stated that laws are being looked into so they can be changed, for good.
They are one of the most liberal countries in the Gulf already. It might also shed a bit of light to countires in this region that there is much more to life than a load of made up stories in some text book they all worship.
It should highlight that racism and hatred is wrong and there is more to life than this shit.
Something needs to be done so that a bit of unity between the western world and the middle east is reached. MCFC+Sheikh Mansour is one, this world cup is another!
Japan, USA and South Korea have all staged WC's in the last 16 years. So Australia was the only other real option, but why them over Qatar?
Also all the FANTASTIC stadia (puts our WC stadia to shame, makes em look shit tbh!) will be moved and re-homed in third world countries!

Ask Amnesty International how liberal they are....compared to other states in the area do they just chop off the one hand? the only people interested in football there are the migrant workers living in shit

Football is for the fans. Qatar had virtually no interest in football before this bid. They wanted it to showcase the country, not because millions of fans wanted it. How many fans will be able to travel there? what restrictions will there be? the decision should be made for football fans not to showcase some fancy oil rich sheiks pet project. Its complete bollocks regardless of what spin is put on it. I dont know a single person who would travel there for a world cup. The decision was not made with the fans in mind, and it does nothing to spread the game in the middle east...if they really wanted to do that they would have encouraged a real footballing arab nation like egypt...security permitting.

Wheelsy said:
oh shit you better tell fifa to stop the 2014 world cup then coz guess what.......brazil's fuckin hot!!
Yes, Brazil is fucking hot. Lucky for them that the World Cup is being held in winter then!
It's quite fitting that every person on this board who reckons that Qatar is a good idea is a fucking know-nowt.
a) What makes me a 'know-nowt'?
b) Does that make you a know-all then?
c) There is no 'c'.

BillyMC said:
Football is for the fans. Qatar had virtually no interest in football before this bid.
What on earth would you base that on?! Football is for the fans. So why not let millions of football worshipping fans in the Middle East host a World Cup? Sure, Qatar has a relatively small population but what about the rest of the region? If it was the UAE who had won the rights to host it, would you be as bothered?

BillyMC said:
the only people interested in football there are the migrant workers living in shit

Football is for the fans. Qatar had virtually no interest in football before this bid. They wanted it to showcase the country, .

and based on what exactly are u saying so ?? u never been there ..
all u do is sit in front of ur PC/Laptop type some shit that u dont know anything about lol .. not having a great team doesn't mean they're not intrested in football (South africa :)) ..

football is the number 1 sport in qatar and there are millions of fans in the middle-east and its a rich country with crazy ambition and they're gonna make it a first class luxury WC .. weather you go or not .. happy or not no one cares cuz there are others going so enjoy the WC 2018 in RUSSIA :)

I'm very curious as to who will get these stadiums. I won't be surprised if it turns out that the countries which get a stadium were some of the same who voted for Qatar.

ManCityFC said:
Qatar: 2022 World Cup Hosts:

Here are the stats on Qatar (now tell me somebodies palm didn't get greased when they voted for this shambles):

Population - 2010 census - 1,696,563 (So perhaps Manchester should make a bid next time with 2,600,100 population?)

Area - 4,416 sq miles (Or North West England should put a bid in, at 5,469 sq miles?)

So in summary a country smaller than North West England with a population a third less than Manchester is going to SOME HOW host the world cup in 46oC temps. Pathetic.
not sure what your point is with regards the size of the place......how many football grounds are there in north west england?.......are you suggesting they won't have enough room for the stadiums to be built or summat? also isn't qatar an extremely wealthy country?......so it wouldn't surprise me if they are building air conditioned stadiums. why are you so against it? where did you want the world cup in 2022 considering it couldn't have been england and 2 of the other bidders were australia and america which both have places with extremely high temperatures. i find it strange that anyone gives a shit where it's held to be honest who cares.

The size matters because it is a disgusting waste of resources to build 11-12 stadiums, air conditioned no less, when the population cannot sustain them. They already have the worlds highest carbon dioxide emissions per capita, before building this stuff. Most of the country is covered in Desert, meaning that they are going to have to build the stadiums in dense clusters around Doha, Al Khor, and Dukhan. Can Doha support six World Cup sized stadiums? Are they going to just tear them down afterwords? How much water are they going to waste on 12 world class, air conditioned stadiums BUILT IN A DESERT in a country with negligible water resources! Call me crazy, but the North West isn't exactly screaming for water or AC.

Sheikh Mansour bought manchester city fc, well he took the players and manager and academy players to Abu Dhabi (which according to some should be full of made terrorists and burka clad women). Many here can pop into the MCFC website and check out the vids of Abu Dhabi and how it looks (its not too far or too different than Doha). Heck even the MCFC promotional bid for the youth Academy is shot in Abu Dhabi. I'm sure in the grand scheme of things profit wasn't the only thing he was thinking about. He probably thought that in a city in Northwest England we can bridge some gaps and create long lasting relationships trumping the bias many can see in the media. He probably thought in the grand scheme of things that this little venture would bring us closer together with if not all of England just MCFC fans. How proud he must be!
And just to remind some of you.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0xyhhJOG-I[/youtube]

When you will be watching it on tv like I will it could be held on the fcking moon for all I care. It all looks the same on a 37 inch screen.

Q8-Blue said:
Sheikh Mansour bought manchester city fc, well he took the players and manager and academy players to Abu Dhabi (which according to some should be full of made terrorists and burka clad women). Many here can pop into the MCFC website and check out the vids of Abu Dhabi and how it looks (its not too far or too different than Doha). Heck even the MCFC promotional bid for the youth Academy is shot in Abu Dhabi. I'm sure in the grand scheme of things profit wasn't the only thing he was thinking about. He probably thought that in a city in Northwest England we can bridge some gaps and create long lasting relationships trumping the bias many can see in the media. He probably thought in the grand scheme of things that this little venture would bring us closer together with if not all of England just MCFC fans. How proud he must be!
And just to remind some of you.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0xyhhJOG-I[/youtube]

Fair enough, you're totally correct, but I feel like the whole project is ecologically unsustainable. It makes no sense to build huge pitches where there is no ability to sustain them. Maybe a bid that encompassed Qatar, the UAE, and Bahrain made more sense. Though don't all the leagues there play a season starting in September due to the weather?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.