Qatar Stats - This is Truly Pathetic. What a Joke.

mike o said:
NewbBlue said:
It's going to be that way regardless of who hosts the World Cup.

The United States would make Cubans and Iranians in particular feel uncomfortable. Japan would make Koreans and Chinese uncomfortable. India would rule out Pakistanis. Turkey would rule out Greeks. Israel would rule out Arabs.

Those Israelis have no reason to fear for their lives from the Qatari government. If they fear for their lives, it will be from terrorists or crazies that can strike in any country. I have never heard of a Jew being killed in Qatar because he was a Jew. Do you have some event to suggest why a Jew should "fear for their life" in Qatar in particular?

Theres a huge difference between different countries not getting along and nationals being banned from a country.

As for anyone from Israel going to watch the world cup in the Qatar I think they'd have to fear for their lives as every crazy in the region would want a piece of them.

Personally I've a lot of time for the middle east and have spent time in,and loved, Tehran and the misconceptions about the region in the west are unreal.

Same as all the scare stories about South Africa. I've been there a lot and loved the place

I think we just need to pray that Isreal dont qualify then all of this discussion is pointless and Qatar can put a world cup on without any major incidents just as South Africa.

what about people who have israeli stamps in their passport who also wouldnt be allowed in?

i'm sure there would be plenty of them from around the world who would like to go

Israelis are not safe in any arab country. Period. They had to run for their lives from regions in Iraq, Eqypt, Morocco, and Syria when Israel was founded, so I have no sympathy for any Arabs who claim to be the "victims" of oppression in Palestine.

Israel has simply won too many wars, and the Arabs are sore losers. And god damn do I hate saying that after all that the Arab world has done for my beloved club. I really, really have nothing again them, it's just what has happened to Israel and Jews everywhere is unjust. They are victims in the middle east, not the victimizers, and the global media can't accept that a first world country is in the right.

Bobby4Mayor said:
Israelis are not safe in any arab country. Period. They had to run for their lives from regions in Iraq, Eqypt, Morocco, and Syria when Israel was founded, so I have no sympathy for any Arabs who claim to be the "victims" of oppression in Palestine.

Israel has simply won too many wars, and the Arabs are sore losers. And god damn do I hate saying that after all that the Arab world has done for my beloved club. I really, really have nothing again them, it's just what has happened to Israel and Jews everywhere is unjust. They are victims in the middle east, not the victimizers, and the global media can't accept that a first world country is in the right.

Well thats some good news, hope the Sheikh can seize this arab trait and make City the most successful team in Europe.

emiratblu said:
Easy solution
Hold the finals in March April

just one teensy-weensy snag with your suggestion. this would mean that the 2021-22 season in the uk, & most of the rest of europe, would have to start before the 2020-21 season finished. i know, let's scrap the entire 2021-22 club season in europe just to accommodate a political decision by fifa & pander to that bent bastard blatter's personal agenda.

Bobby4Mayor said:

Problem for this argument is that what the Jews faced was a reaction to what happened to the Palestinians who had to flee. Even if you can't acknowledge there is some truth in Ilan Pappé's argument of ethnic cleansing, Benny Morris' accounts should clear up any doubt that the Palestinians chose to flee but did so out of fear, making them legitimate refugees. It was also not Palestinians who forced Jews to flee. It's all fine with you though, presumably they all melt into one don't they? All Arabs are the same, Jews, Muslims, Christians etc. The world is so much simpler that way. It's not the world we live in though. Your argument is so fundamentally childish and boils down to two wrongs do make a right, or perhaps an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Actually no, I give you far too much credit in saying that as you go beyond that and then claim they are the sole victims. What happened to the Palestinians was unjust, what happened to Jews in many Arab countries was unjust. I suppose it would be asking too much of you to be human and to have sympathy for two different groups of victims.

Can we avoid turning this into an Arab/Israeli debate and stick to the topic of Qatar hosting the World Cup? It's already been said that Israelis would be allowed into the country so that's the end of that.

eshiers1 said:
what about people who have israeli stamps in their passport who also wouldnt be allowed in?
I don't know why this common misconception keeps getting thrown around when it's completely baseless. Have you or rassclot ever actually tried to enter Qatar (or the UAE for that matter) with an Israeli stamp in your passport? I suspect not, because if you had you'd realise that you've been misinformed. I've entered Qatar several times with an Israeli stamp in my passport and I also have a UAE residency visa in said passport. I obviously just got lucky each time.

Dubai Blue said:
eshiers1 said:
I don't know why this common misconception keeps getting thrown around when it's completely baseless. Have you or rassclot ever actually tried to enter Qatar (or the UAE for that matter) with an Israeli stamp in your passport? I suspect not, because if you had you'd realise that you've been misinformed. I've entered Qatar several times with an Israeli stamp in my passport and I also have a UAE residency visa in said passport. I obviously just got lucky each time.

i've been to qatar, the uae & every other country in the region on many occasions. no, i haven't tried to enter any of them with an israeli stamp on my passport but an industry acquaintance of mine was once hoiked out of the immigration queue in dubai right in front of me because he'd brought his 'wrong' passport by mistake. he was politely ushered into a side room & put on the next flight back to the uk. although i haven't checked lately, immigration regulations of many arab states have always mentioned this restrictions.

obviously i can't speak for your situation. maybe they turned a blind eye or simply didn't notice. i've not heard of a change in official policy although you're on the spot so i guess you'll be better placed to know.

my point in all this is that qatar have apparently guaranteed fifa they'll relax their longstanding immigration restrictions for the world cup in 2022 but surely nobody can seriously believe that this relaxation will extend beyond the tournament. on this basis, giving qatar the world cup is just as wacky as giving it to israel imo.

Bobby4Mayor said:

lol i love how israelis keep twisting the facts just to gain sympathy :) ..ur saying israelis are not safe in arab countries yet u wanna tell me that arabs are safe in israel ??? LOL GTFO ..

an you just said (israel has simply won too many wars and that arabs are sore losers ) lol yes is it the arabs that hides under the United States ? and getting funded billions and babysitted by the biggest country in the world ? alone ur nothing but scum

you're sayin it as if they were heroes LOL i love it :) ..israelies are nothing but liers ive never heard of a Victim stealing land and killing its original population then claim that they are doing nothing but defending themselves while in fact they are oppressors that shouldnt even be in the middle-east in first place ..they simply stole palastine .. so based on what are u saying they are victims ??

in the end i really hope the sheikh would read this thread and just sell the club to the previous Liverpool owners the americans LOL ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.