Rabbi Matondo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don’t we loan to the championship very often seems a better standard.

Because barely any of them will play a raw kid from a Premier League club. League's too much of a risk. They tend to favour seasoned pros.

re Matondo, i sometimes think his best bet is to try and develop into an almost Robben-esque type on the left, cutting in. He's so, so, so fast, like Robben, that if he honed that he'd be deadly. He doesn't finish at that level yet, obviously, and there are technical refinements to be made, but I always think he's at his best when he's running across people. Sterling's done it a fair bit this season to great success, and I think Matondo could do the same.

eagerly awaited the welsh game and liked what i saw but do not think it was outstanding , the experienced players were too slow in thought and deed to get him into the game enough , so where ever he goes he is going to need a more clued up manager than Giggs

Because barely any of them will play a raw kid from a Premier League club. League's too much of a risk. They tend to favour seasoned pros.

re Matondo, i sometimes think his best bet is to try and develop into an almost Robben-esque type on the left, cutting in. He's so, so, so fast, like Robben, that if he honed that he'd be deadly. He doesn't finish at that level yet, obviously, and there are technical refinements to be made, but I always think he's at his best when he's running across people. Sterling's done it a fair bit this season to great success, and I think Matondo could do the same.

Pity city don’t buy 49% of a club in the lower leagues if that legal.

Championship would probably be ideal if he`s given playing time. PL or La Liga might be a too big step for him
I don't see a great deal of difference talent wise than with that of Sancho or Dilrosun,they just needed the opportunity and both are looking very comfortable at such a level.

I don't see a great deal of difference talent wise than with that of Sancho or Dilrosun,they just needed the opportunity and both are looking very comfortable at such a level.
I personally think Sancho was better in the academy than Matondo, but Dilrosun was not. Fair point

I personally think Sancho was better in the academy than Matondo, but Dilrosun was not. Fair point
I think with players like Roberts and some other loanees I have learned the idea of loaning to a lower league and building up is not necessarily the right way. Most often our bright talents would do well in a top league, I think the idea why is really simple, players become (and are) better when they play with better players. Sancho wouldn't have shown how good he is at NAC Breda because they don't have good players.

Dilrosun was a player that I said (if you look at his BM page) was somebody who could be a star, he DID look great in the academy, but it was clear in his final years (when he was older and more experienced than everybody) that he was a level above.

With Matondo, we need to loan him to a club in Germany who will play him (like Reiss Nelson at Hoffenheim). Any midtable German club would do, the ONE positive that selling Sancho and Dilrosun brought is that it has brought attention to the fact that our academy has star players in the making. Next transfer window I can imagine clubs begging us for Poveda, Matondo, Felix etc on loan.

Sancho was a level above Dilrosun IMO at academy level. Wasn't even close. Still, always looked likely that Dilrosun could be a player somewhere simply cos not only was he skilful, he was quite good physically too, which is an immediate bonus. He was just hugely inconsistent and he was actually in and out of teams a lot. Wasn't even always a regular starter. I don't think Matondo has the x-factor Sancho clearly did (and still does) IMO, but he could easily do very well like Dilrosun appears to be doing. Don't think they're easy to compare though. Both of them just *feel* different.

Sancho was a level above Dilrosun IMO at academy level. Wasn't even close. Still, always looked likely that Dilrosun could be a player somewhere simply cos not only was he skilful, he was quite good physically too, which is an immediate bonus. He was just hugely inconsistent and he was actually in and out of teams a lot. Wasn't even always a regular starter. I don't think Matondo has the x-factor Sancho clearly did (and still does) IMO, but he could easily do very well like Dilrosun appears to be doing. Don't think they're easy to compare though. Both of them just *feel* different.

100% agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.