Racism in Football

Who is the victim?

Rudiger, certainly of Son which you turned onto him and used to justify abusing him which you're so absolutely certain couldn't be racist.

It's like sitting through your VAR decisions against us, the facts say one thing and we just get a load of bollocks to justify protecting you lot.

Given your posts on here, I'm inclined to believe Rudiger entirely.

Rudiger, certainly of Son which you turned onto him and used to justify abusing him which you're so absolutely certain couldn't be racist.

It's like sitting through your VAR decisions against us, the facts say one thing and we just get a load of bollocks to justify protecting you lot.

Given your posts on here, I'm inclined to believe Rudiger entirely.

You're merely exhibiting your own prejudice against Spurs and Spurs fans.

I was there. I am telling the truth. I have no need to lie. If a Spurs fan or a number of Spurs fans were indeed guilty of racist abuse, I would have a far greater desire to have them exposed and punished and banned than you do. As much as I love my club and will defend it when it is wronged, I would never allow it precedence over the fight against racism.

I repeat, I saw the exact moment that Rudiger reacted to something that he heard from the crowd around me and subsequently report it. And I know exactly what was being chanted at the time - "cheat, cheat, cheat". And I know that he couldn't possibly have identified a lone voice making monkey noises above the din of thousands of fans chanting "cheat". I could not have been closer. Spurs and the police have subsequently conducted a thorough study, using lip readers amongst others, of CCTV coverage of the actions and language of every fan in the area of the south stand from which Rudiger thought he heard monkey chants. And they have found NOTHING to support the accusation. The only explanation that fits the facts and makes any sense is that Rudiger mistook the chants of "cheat" for monkey noises.

For you to insist that you know better than me or than the police and lip readers who have minutely studied the CCTV evidence is shameful. You are allowing your own prejudice to cheapen a serious issue. Have a moment to reflect if that is really how you wish to be seen - as someone who is so petty minded and bitter about another club and its fans that you would happily see truth fly out the window and do the genuine fight against racism a great disservice.

There's a good reason for that. Specifically, that there was no racism directed at Rudiger. I am 99.9% certain of it. I should know.......because I am one of the fans, I believe, who is responsible for Rudiger's accusation. I was at the very front of the south stand, adjacent to where the Son sending off took place. There can't have been a fan in the stadium who was closer than me to where it all unfolded.

By way of background, for what it's worth, I have no real argument with Son's sending off. He did make a slight, if aborted, move of his feet towards Rudiger as he tumbled. Silly, spur of the moment action that, in today's game, will always result in a red card if spotted. Nevertheless, that can't excuse Rudiger's reaction. Mourinho said it best when he sarcastically wished the Chelsea defender a speedy recovery from the multiple broken ribs that he must have suffered. There is nothing more cowardly within football than feigning injury in order to get an opposition player sent off.

So, as English football fans are wont to do in such circumstances, we all chanted "cheat, cheat, cheat, cheat..." at Rudiger. It was at that specific moment that he turned and gestured angrily at us. And immediately went to his captain / the referee to complain about having been the target of monkey noises. So I am convinced that this entire controversy is based on a misunderstanding on Rudiger's part. When English is not your first language and when you are unfamiliar with English fan culture, 5000 or so English fans chanting "cheat, cheat, cheat...." unsynchronised could, I suspect, sound very much like monkey noises. The timing of Rudiger's angry reaction towards the fans and immediately subsequent discussions with the referee confirms that suspicion. The only alternative is that Rudiger is claiming that he heard a lone voice making monkey noises. And if that is the case, then I say that Rudiger is a liar. Not the remotest chance that he could have isolated that above the din of 5000 fans shouting "cheat".

Spurs, and specifically Spurs fans, are owed an apology.
You make some reasonable points, but Son's red card was just about the most blatant red card you will ever see. To call Rudiger cowardly is out of order. Son kicked out at him and it's the third time in a year he's been sent off. He's certainly not the saint he's been portrayed to be.

I was there. I am telling the truth. I have no need to lie. If a Spurs fan or a number of Spurs fans were indeed guilty of racist abuse, I would have a far greater desire to have them exposed and punished and banned than you do. As much as I love my club and will defend it when it is wronged, I would never allow it precedence over the fight against racism.

I repeat, I saw the exact moment that Rudiger reacted to something that he heard from the crowd around me and subsequently report it. And I know exactly what was being chanted at the time - "cheat, cheat, cheat". And I know that he couldn't possibly have identified a lone voice making monkey noises above the din of thousands of fans chanting "cheat". I could not have been closer. Spurs and the police have subsequently conducted a thorough study, using lip readers amongst others, of CCTV coverage of the actions and language of every fan in the area of the south stand from which Rudiger thought he heard monkey chants. And they have found NOTHING to support the accusation. The only explanation that fits the facts and makes any sense is that Rudiger mistook the chants of "cheat" for monkey noises.

For you to insist that you know better than me or than the police and lip readers who have minutely studied the CCTV evidence is shameful. You are allowing your own prejudice to cheapen a serious issue. Have a moment to reflect if that is really how you wish to be seen - as someone who is so petty minded and bitter about another club and its fans that you would happily see truth fly out the window and do the genuine fight against racism a great disservice.

You blamed Rudiger for Son and used it to abuse him, don't come back at me when you want to make shit up. You lost all credibility in part 1, so I'm not accepting part 2 because you've proven you can't be trusted.

Those two statements say everything. You couldnt possibly know what Rudiger could hear down on the pitch! Your justification sounds like the stuff coming from the Italian league when they make excuses for this shit.

When you say fight against racism is more important than defending your club it's bollocks isnt it.

There's a good reason for that. Specifically, that there was no racism directed at Rudiger. I am 99.9% certain of it. I should know.......because I am one of the fans, I believe, who is responsible for Rudiger's accusation. I was at the very front of the south stand, adjacent to where the Son sending off took place. There can't have been a fan in the stadium who was closer than me to where it all unfolded.

By way of background, for what it's worth, I have no real argument with Son's sending off. He did make a slight, if aborted, move of his feet towards Rudiger as he tumbled. Silly, spur of the moment action that, in today's game, will always result in a red card if spotted. Nevertheless, that can't excuse Rudiger's reaction. Mourinho said it best when he sarcastically wished the Chelsea defender a speedy recovery from the multiple broken ribs that he must have suffered. There is nothing more cowardly within football than feigning injury in order to get an opposition player sent off.

So, as English football fans are wont to do in such circumstances, we all chanted "cheat, cheat, cheat, cheat..." at Rudiger. It was at that specific moment that he turned and gestured angrily at us. And immediately went to his captain / the referee to complain about having been the target of monkey noises. So I am convinced that this entire controversy is based on a misunderstanding on Rudiger's part. When English is not your first language and when you are unfamiliar with English fan culture, 5000 or so English fans chanting "cheat, cheat, cheat...." unsynchronised could, I suspect, sound very much like monkey noises. The timing of Rudiger's angry reaction towards the fans and immediately subsequent discussions with the referee confirms that suspicion. The only alternative is that Rudiger is claiming that he heard a lone voice making monkey noises. And if that is the case, then I say that Rudiger is a liar. Not the remotest chance that he could have isolated that above the din of 5000 fans shouting "cheat".

Spurs, and specifically Spurs fans, are owed an apology.

self pitying shite.

Son is a thug with a track record of nasty cheating kicking as is Kane but he gets away with it.

Those two statements say everything. You couldnt possibly know what Rudiger could hear down on the pitch! Your justification sounds like the stuff coming from the Italian league when they make excuses for this shit.

When you say fight against racism is more important than defending your club it's bollocks isnt it.

You're telling me that he distinguished one lone voice, or even two, making monkey noises over and above 5000 voices shouting cheat? I call bullshit on that.

I was less than twenty yards away from him. I was at the very front of the stand. I had my back to everyone else in the stand and so did he. I, and those immediately around me, will have heard everything that he heard emanating from that stand. The only difference is that we - as people for whom English is a first language and who are familiar with English fan culture, knew and understood what was being said. He didn't. He mistook the repeated chants of cheat for monkey noises. That's not his fault. He has made an innocent mistake.

So no, with respect to your final claim - it's not bollocks.

Last edited:
You blamed Rudiger for Son and used it to abuse him, don't come back at me when you want to make shit up. You lost all credibility in part 1, so I'm not accepting part 2 because you've proven you can't be trusted.

I didn't blame Rudiger for Son's sending off at all. I said that Son was stupid and deserved to get sent off.

That doesn't change the fact that Rudiger feigned injury in order to ensure that Son got sent off. Worst kind of cheating there is, trying to get another player sent off.

I didn't blame Rudiger for Son's sending off at all. I said that Son was stupid and deserved to get sent off.

That doesn't change the fact that Rudiger feigned injury in order to ensure that Son got sent off. Worst kind of cheating there is, trying to get another player sent off.

No it isn't, if he didn't go down then Son would never have been sent off. He got kicked, he was entitled to go down and ensure Son got the punishment he deserved. It was completely professional. Son got himself sent off and to turn it onto Rudiger is quite frankly disgusting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.