racist

bazamancity3

please can somebody please point out what is racist in this interview? im not being funny or ignorant, but i cant see it, ive posted a few comments on here and been called all sorts, can somebody please tell me what im thinking is wrong! im english and have muslims as friends but cannot see what is so bad apart from speaking against islam?
it seems to me if you talk about muslims your either racist or a prick?
i really dont understand, is taking about islam a bad thing?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjNfQGm2HeI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjNfQGm2HeI</a>

bazamancity3 said:
please can somebody please point out what is racist in this interview? im not being funny or ignorant, but i cant see it, ive posted a few comments on here and been called all sorts, can somebody please tell me what im thinking is wrong! im english and have muslims as friends but cannot see what is so bad apart from speaking against islam?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjNfQGm2HeI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjNfQGm2HeI</a>

Some on here see it as an education/class issue rather than a race issue m8 I wouldn't worry.

Tommy didn't go to UNI and join the debating club to learn from the posturing classes he has to get by with his wits and people skills.

I don't agree with him about everything because some of what he talks about is bollox.....but he has every right to his opinion.

As for the interview I don't see it as racist.

dazdon said:
bazamancity3 said:

Some on here see it as an education/class issue rather than a race issue m8 I wouldn't worry.

Tommy didn't go to UNI and join the debating club to learn from the posturing classes he has to get by with his wits and people skills.

I don't agree with him about everything because some of what he talks about is bollox.....but he has every right to his opinion.

thats what i dont understand, why do they "dare i say they" get so angry with it, its like somebody that dosent wanna be seen being caught , its like your not allowed to talk about it? sorry for my grammer.
one reply
you're a fuckin prick with a big gob and fat fingers.
big gob? what, am i speaking out? dont you think id prefer to have a beer and watch footie?
im far from a prick you twat(yes you stoneyblue) ask people that know me im just angry

Scapegoating large groups of people, in this case, over a billion of them, and blaming them the problems of a nation, region or indeed the world, can lead to a few problems. Look up how many genocides there have been. Funnily enough, some have already been perpetrated against Muslims. Others against Jews as well... It doesn't matter whether it's technically racism because it's a matter of nationality or religion rather than ethnicity, it's still one step, and probably one of the most important, down the road to the ultimate evil of genocide.

I've watched 4 minutes of it and I don't see anything racist so far. A bit generalizing, but not racist. But obviously there are plenty of people in his movement that are obviously motivated by racism, rather than legitimate concerns about Islam. It's just that it's somewhat more acceptable to be against a particular religion than against a certain race. But you can see this when Sikhs or Hindus end up as the victims of "anti-Muslim" violence on occasion.

It's extremely easy to tell that the EDL are prejudiced, if not racist; they support Israel. That is a position which is completely at odds with their proclaimed motivations. They don't want this country to come under Sharia because apparently they want freedom, they don't want to be controlled under laws that are alien to them, and that they have no say in. That's good. IF that was their genuine cause, I'd support their message, although not their 'methods'. But they don't. They support Israel, an occupying power, which robs other people of their freedom. Apparently it's ok to rob other people of freedom, to kill other people, as long as they are predominantly Muslim. If the EDL really believed what they say they believed, they could not support Israel. Israel is an embodiment of everything they supposedly stand against and yet they support it unquestioningly. It's the smoking gun which reveals the EDL for what they are, a nasty prejudiced group and probable racists.

Skashion said:
Scapegoating large groups of people, in this case, over a billion of them, and blaming them the problems of a nation, region or indeed the world, can lead to a few problems. Look up how many genocides there have been. Funnily enough, some have already been perpetrated against Muslims. Others against Jews as well... It doesn't matter whether it's technically racism because it's a matter of nationality or religion rather than ethnicity, it's still one step, and probably one of the most important, down the road to the ultimate evil of genocide.

True, but we do have a tendency to either just abuse or disengage with bigots rather than trust democracy and the electorate to deal with them through debate and the ballot box. You can see it time and time again on here whenever UKIP / EDL or whatever is discussed certain 'left wing' posters are like moths to a flame, abusing and mocking any view which runs contrary to their own rather than debating and letting the flaws in right wing ideology appear naturally. I think this is through fear of the right, an arrogance and conceit, and lack of confidence in our collective intellect to see bigotry for ourselves.
There are serious issues to be confronted in this country with islamic extremism and immigration, and also with the rise of the far right and worryingly its move into mainstream politics, and by abusing anyone who holds a view other than your own you polarise the issues and make debate impossible.

dazdon said:
bazamancity3 said:

Seems a fair interview, entitled to his opinions and I'm sure these are backed by an increasing number in the UK. I think you can see the anger and understand many points he makes

Helmet Cole said:
Skashion said:

True, but we do have a tendency to either just abuse or disengage with bigots rather than trust democracy and the electorate to deal with them through debate and the ballot box. You can see it time and time again on here whenever UKIP / EDL or whatever is discussed certain 'left wing' posters are like moths to a flame, abusing and mocking any view which runs contrary to their own rather than debating and letting the flaws in right wing ideology appear naturally. I think this is through fear of the right, an arrogance and conceit, and lack of confidence in our collective intellect to see bigotry for ourselves.
There are serious issues to be confronted in this country with islamic extremism and immigration, and also with the rise of the far right and worryingly its move into mainstream politics, and by abusing anyone who holds a view other than your own you polarise the issues and make debate impossible.

Agreed. The abuse and mockery of any view contrary to their own is also used to avoid discussion of the flaws in left wing ideology.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.