Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His general play has markedly improved, the Southampton winner has ignited a flame.

He's doing things on his own. He's attacking players, playing more probing passes and becoming a much more intelligent player ON the ball. His final ball/shot is still not there but to have the confidence to take players on in the area like he did is telling.

In the past, he kept it simple and let the others do the talking. Fair enough. But now he's hitting heights we didn't anticipate. Good for him.

Now that was a birthday treat Sterling...

Fucking rinsed Young commentators debating which one they'd take to the world cup Young or Reeham? Yeah you guest it they both said bird shit breath...

Good job they know FA

He rinsed him but I believe they were talking about Delph or Young, not Raheem.

Delph should probably send that video to Southgate though because it was quite the beating and Young was lucky that kick out didn't connect as it was very dangerous

He rinsed him but I believe they were talking about Delph or Young, not Raheem.

Delph should probably send that video to Southgate though because it was quite the beating and Young was lucky that kick out didn't connect as it was very dangerous
He did connect not long after when we were keeping it in the corner, should have been a red not a yellow, it was just a wild hack at Sterling.

He did connect not long after when we were keeping it in the corner, should have been a red not a yellow, it was just a wild hack at Sterling.

He did the twat!! That was fun watching the keep ball in the corner at the end really taking the Michael sent him crazy hahaha

I like to pop in here and chip in considering how critical I was of the lad last year. In a game where he didn't score or assist on Sunday he played fantastic. This is what I was saying last year, not play average and pop up with a goal or an assist to paper over the cracks but an actual 90 minute performance. Young was going for him since the first minute. Sterling has developed a backbone this year where nothing phases him, players or opposing fans and it is great to see.

I like to pop in here and chip in considering how critical I was of the lad last year. In a game where he didn't score or assist on Sunday he played fantastic. This is what I was saying last year, not play average and pop up with a goal or an assist to paper over the cracks but an actual 90 minute performance. Young was going for him since the first minute. Sterling has developed a backbone this year where nothing phases him, players or opposing fans and it is great to see.
As an ex-criticizer I agree! :-)

I didn't want us to sign Sterling at that price. I couldn't get the initial hype and wasn't surprised when things went sour. But I always hoped he'd come good because I thought he seemed genuinely nice and he was a blue now.

Last year imo he showed he had it. He just needed to be more consistent. (So much more potential than Stones for example who I thought was woeful) But this year Sterling is multiple times better than I had ever imagined he could be. Fair dues to him.

And Stones' transformation is even more surprising and impressive.

I hope Bernardo is next to become shockingly good. (And Gundogan returns to form)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.