Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the point in excluding penalties, unless they've done it so Sterling comes out on top.

They've excluded penalties because the main aim of the stats is to illustrate conversion. If penalties are included then the stats are heavily skewed in penalty takers favour.

It was compiled by an Arsenal fan with his Sterling bias. Sigh.

Should add to the above, it's non penalty goals only and it's as of 31st January

Thanks for posting that table, Rolee.

Raheem Sterling haters are implacable. Some have looked 10 years into the future and divined that nobody will remember him fondly :-)

Are you ever concerned about the cogency of your arguments, the truth of your beliefs?

I believe in what I say,if you feel happy in dragging the subject back up then I'm happy to argue my points with you all day,as you are hopefully realising,a forum is for open debate,stats tell half of the story.

Let me make a point of the 2 assists recently v West Brom for example,which many are getting giddy (excited) about,the goal assist for KDB goal,well,watch it,he cuts the ball back and it could have easily been intercepted by a defender,it was a cut back that came off,so great,we scored,the Aguero assist was what we need to see Sterling doing,running fast at a tired West Brom defence,where nobody could touch him for the fear of a card,he managed to stay on his feet and prod the ball to Aguero,who finished,I'm glad it wasn't the other way round or the ball would have been in the stands.

Now let me explain the "fondly" comment which has been twisted,as per usual on here,my original comment was in 10 years time,when we look back at this recent and current crop,Sterling will not be one of the first names mentioned,nothing to do with fondness,just not mentioned as a great,there is a difference

I believe in what I say,if you feel happy in dragging the subject back up then I'm happy to argue my points with you all day,as you are hopefully realising,a forum is for open debate,stats tell half of the story.

Let me make a point of the 2 assists recently v West Brom for example,which many are getting giddy (excited) about,the goal assist for KDB goal,well,watch it,he cuts the ball back and it could have easily been intercepted by a defender,it was a cut back that came off,so great,we scored,the Aguero assist was what we need to see Sterling doing,running fast at a tired West Brom defence,where nobody could touch him for the fear of a card,he managed to stay on his feet and prod the ball to Aguero,who finished,I'm glad it wasn't the other way round or the ball would have been in the stands.

Now let me explain the "fondly" comment which has been twisted,as per usual on here,my original comment was in 10 years time,when we look back at this recent and current crop,Sterling will not be one of the first names mentioned,nothing to do with fondness,just not mentioned as a great,there is a difference

Oh yeah, I see what you mean, many won't but I do.

when we look back at this recent and current crop,Sterling will not be one of the first names mentioned,nothing to do with fondness,just not mentioned as a great,there is a difference

The second highest scorer is definitely going to be one of the first names mentioned in any team actually - and any winger pushing 30 goals a season will be remembered as great if he can repeat it, which he quite clearly can.

Perhaps people like you won't mention him, but the rest of us will still be around to tell you you're full of shit, and remind you of all the last minute winners and points he earned this side, don't worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.