Raheem Sterling - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season's Salh and Hazard are possibly better but I can't think of any other wide forwards who are close to him, other than possibly Sane then Mahrez.

Last season's Salh and Hazard are possibly better but I can't think of any other wide forwards who are close to him, other than possibly Sane then Mahrez.

On the right? I mean...I guess you have to say Salah? You have to. 1) Salah 2) Messi 3) Raz.

Admittedly not his biggest fan in his first 2 seasons and frustrated with him in quite a few games last season despite his goal tally, but really enjoying watching him play this season.

Frightening to think how good he could get under Pep over the next few years if we get him signed up.

Aguero , Bernardo , Merlin and Sterling have been our most influencial players so far this season , so lets stop pissing about with Raheem's contract , we saved a few bob on the wage bill when Yaya left for pastures new , give the lad a basic £200k a week and another couple of million a year into an account in the Cayman Islands if we win the title.

He's our best player for me. So many of his goals & assists are crucial. His improvement this season has been staggering.

Becoming undroppable from what i would describe as our most dangerous team.

Something was missing last season in terms of his overall contribution,but i cant fault him so far this one.The penny has dropped and he is bringing footballing intelligence to match his pace,industry and hunger.

Wonderful to watch and long may it last,sign that new contract please!

That's a weird thing to say. I don't think Raheem's footballing intelligence should be questioned.His finishing, yes. We question his ability in front of goal after his intelligence got him there.

Gone up another level this season, got to the point where I'm expecting him to be one of the best players if not the best player on the pitch. He's become a really rounded playyer, knows what his strengths are and uses that to exploits teams.

Our best player this season, just give him that contract.

Interesting to see how he gets on next week, always struggles at Anfield, would love for him to score the winner there (I say that every season).

That's a weird thing to say. I don't think Raheem's footballing intelligence should be questioned.His finishing, yes. We question his ability in front of goal after his intelligence got him there.
Correct.Sterling has always had footballing intelligence, from the qpr youth team, to being the most costly young played ever,to liverpool and their title challenge((remember the cute body swerve which sent kompany and hart the wrong way in front of the kop before he scored)and shown many times since moving to us.finishing is improving,but football intelligence....hes always had it.he was born with it.some posters do the lad a disservice; he is a gifted young footballer,whose growing confidence,maturity, and work ethic suggest he will go to the very top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.