Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! He wants to come to City and Liverpool know they will never get a higher bid than what we have bid, so it's a win win situation. Why bid any higher when they are playing right into our hands?

The problem would be that it is not for us to set the price. If Liverpool are adamant they want £50M and we can think he is worth it because he meets our needs and can afford it then so be it. I don't see the problem.

Am i the only one impressed with City's relentless pursuit of him? They've identified their target and will do whatever it takes to get him. To me that is most pleasing. It's an end to trying to play hard ball and missing out on talents like Hazard. I'm guessing the ones not happy paying what the dippers want are delighted we missed out on the chance of getting Hazard because we remained firm and refused to bow to the demands being made of us?

Like I have already said, they could buy Firmino and Konoplyanka for cheaper than Sterling and they may also get Kovacic and would still work out cheaper than Sterling.
Who cares?! Kovacic will not be going anywhere. Firminho is hardly some fantastic player and is as inconsistent as Sterling but 5 years older than him. As for Konoplyanka he's a free so that sounds about right. Let's be honest though Konoplyanka is nowhere near good enough for a team challenging for titles

Like I have said, I think almost every pundit, manager and fan in this country bar City fans will agree with what I am saying. If he's worth 50m, then Reus is worth 100m.

You really are coming across as a tedious tosser or a rag.

No-one gives a fuck what pundits, oppo managers and oppo fans think - they can all go fuck themselves. They all said that we wasted our money on Yaya - £24m for a defensive mid - how did that turn out.

Am i the only one impressed with City's relentless pursuit of him? They've identified their target and will do whatever it takes to get him. To me that is most pleasing. It's an end to trying to play hard ball and missing out on talents like Hazard. I'm guessing the ones not happy paying what the dippers want are delighted we missed out on the chance of getting Hazard because we remained firm and refused to bow to the demands being made of us?

Difference is, Hazard was worth the money and was wanted by several clubs, Sterling isn't. We get a free run at him. I remember the same fans on this forum coming out and saying how Chelsea overpaid for Hazard and now when we are willing to pay a huge fee for sterling who is nowhere near as good, they are saying the exact opposite. Makes no sense.

Possibly, but like I said, we can get him at a lower price. We don't need to rush this transfer, the player wants to come and no one else values him higher than what we will pay for him so we get a free run at him, it's only a matter of time before they give in, no need for City to get greedy. Barcelona and Bayern wouldn't overpay, why should we?

so we are going to gamble on the last few days of the transfer window that Liverpool will panic and sell him for the lower fee? What if they don't? City want him for this season..

You really are coming across as a tedious tosser or a rag.

No-one gives a fuck what pundits, oppo managers and oppo fans think - they can all go fuck themselves. They all said that we wasted our money on Yaya - £24m for a defensive mid - how did that turn out.

I don't think any city fan thought Yaya wasn't worth the money. Wasn't long before I heard the R word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.