Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not unreasonable for him to not sign a contract if he’s not playing as much as he wants to though. Personally I think he’ll be back to his best once Haaland is in. I mean, look how he’s been playing with England, alongside an actual striker.

and no one knows what he sees on social media/hears in the ground and now that affects him mentally. Maybe he’s just over it. He’s been treated like shit in the media for a long long time.
If as you say, his beef is not playing as much as he would like, then he needs to ask himself (and Pep), why, which I'm sure he has done..

I cannot see Pep giving him any guarantees of playing time

Does anybody else think that Stirling being less effective in terms of goals coincided with Sane leaving ? Lack of balance perhaps !

Did anyone notice that when he was being interviewed at the presentation on Sunday he had what looked like a straw or wire in the side of his mouth and was giving it a good chew. Bit bizarre Raz.

Yeah.. I noticed he was walking around applauding the fans chewing it before the interview. It really was most weird.

Interesting points.

I would like to keep Raz. I think he does a lot of things off the ball some don’t appreciate. I also think he would work well with Haaland.

In terms of replacing anyone with an Academy player it’s difficult to know, even for the people who’s job it is to know.

Astonishingly good players can quickly fade without explanation. Look at the Scottish guy at Chelsea he looked class but has just had a torrid time on loan with Norwich.

All that said my untrained eye thinks if anyone is going to be the next Foden it will be Palmer with McAtee a year behind. I’m not saying he could completely replace a first team player right now but I’m quite confident he will one day and can help us a lot next season. He looks different almost effortless….just pure natural ability. If he continues to learn Cole Palmer will be a regular starter soon enough.

Prem soon come for that lad.
I know it’s the Sterling thread, but I’m really excited to see an injury free Palmer next season. I think he might just surprise a few.

Does anybody else think that Stirling being less effective in terms of goals coincided with Sane leaving ? Lack of balance perhaps !
No, it’s due to lack of striker. The season Sane was injured he was our highest scorer I think

Unfortunately, you don't have any quality winger in terms of trying to make any swap deal. Pulisić, Ziyech is like meh...

I'm not even sure we create enough chances, in the way City do, for Sterling to be effective. He would be quite an underwhelming signing in my opinion. I don't think we should be dining on City's leftovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.