Random away kit 1990

pace89

Anyone know why for the last few away games of the 89/90 season City changed the maroon and white striped away kit to an all maroon version? It had the collar of the 88/89, 89/90 away shirt but the body of the top we had for the next two seasons introduced in the summer of 1990. Why did we suddenly change 3/4 of the way through the season why did they slightly alter it again for the following two seasons?

450757_20120916020022.JPG

I dunno..it just reminds me of my teenage years..yes we were generally shite..but loved going to matches in the late 80s/early 90s..great memories
Agreed, although I was a only a kid football and City seemed much simpler then. With likes of Hendry, Lake, Quinn Allen, White, Bishop, Michael Hughes, Curle etc around then we should have been far more competitive than we were. Our ability to sell the quality and keep the dross must have been unrivalled.

Another kit anomaly in that period was the fact that from 88 - 91 we only had short sleeved shirts.

I think the kit was only used for QPR away as the white stripes and hoops could clash, most aways we would use the blue kit anyway and thought the change was a one-off that season.

It had a certain charm about it. We wore it at west brom for the battle of inflatables game.
was in their main stand for some reason at wba so had a better view than most of the battle of the inflatables taking place on the away terrace.happy days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.