Random City Players

Gary Buckley was another promising young mid , a couple of years earlier than Machin's time I think ; clever tricky player who looked pretty good, the dissappeared after 6 or 8 games. Might have ended up at Walsall I think.
A few years and managers before Machin!
Buckley played in the 2nd Leg of the 1981 League Cup semi final at Liverpool.
He played as Tommy Hutchison (and Gow and MacDonald) were Cup tied.
He tore Phil Neal apart that night. We drew 1-1 on the night but had lost 1-0 in a controversial game at Maine Road

Terry Dunfield, watched the reserves a lot during the 2000/01 season in which Barton, Killen, Shuker and Leon Mike all played but Dunfield looked too good for this level and was no surprise he got a PL debut in final game of season at home to Chelsea ended up on loan at Bury before returning to his native Canada

Terry Dunfield, watched the reserves a lot during the 2000/01 season in which Barton, Killen, Shuker and Leon Mike all played but Dunfield looked too good for this level and was no surprise he got a PL debut in final game of season at home to Chelsea ended up on loan at Bury before returning to his native Canada
I recall him being brought out onto the pitch as a 14 year old either before a game or at half time, I think with Franny Lee.

A few years back when living in Boston, I went to see New England Revolution v Montreal and he was playing for Montreal that day!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.