Raphael Guerreiro

BlueDejong

Paris Saint-German to rival Manchester City in French defender chase

Paris Saint-Germain and have joined Manchester City and Arsenal in the race to sign defender Raphael Guerreiro.

The Lorient star, who has won two caps for Portugal, is hot property in Ligue 1 following a series of strong performances last term from both left-back and left wing.

Guerreiro chipped in with seven league goals last season and made his international bow - sparking interest from all over Europe for his services.

According to Tuttosport, PSG are on the prowl for defensive reinforcements to replace the outgoing Lucas Digne while City and the Gunners have held long-term interest in the 21-year-old star.

Guerreiro, who began his career at Caen, has two years remaining on his existing deal with the Ligue 1 side but no offer is on the table to extend his contract.

It opens the door for Arsene Wenger's men and the Etihad Stadium club to move for his signature before the transfer window slams shut although Guerreiro has given no indication he wants to leave just yet.

http://talksport.com/football/paris...fender-chase-150821163627#S5jYtCrq16DzUYCP.99

City want Left back.

I've seen about 2 or 3 games with this guy just in passing last year when he was picking up a lot of attention for scoring goals so I'm by no means an expert on him.

But from what I saw he's not just an attacking fullback, he's a winger who's played there. To be honest I think he's basically Angelino but 2 years older and further down the line.

If we are buying a LB, we should be going for a more balanced one, or even a defensive one, given we already have Kolarov, who's great as an attacking LB, and Angelino is in the pipeline.

Good prospect, excellent going forwards and decent defensively. Played as a winger for a lot of last season, but was a proper fullback before that. (He's a fullback playing on the wing, not a winger playing at fullback) Outstanding in his games for Portugal at LB, including a clean sheet and goal against Argentina, really stepped up. Pretty sure he's PSG bound though, that's been the talk for most of last season, plus he's French HG as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.