RB Leipzig (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

First half was as disjointed as I’ve seen us in a long while.

Dias, Walker, Rodri, Foden and Grealish were pretty dire. Misplaced passes, losing all their duels.

Missed three really good chances too.

Dias really lucky to stay on the pitch too, so no surprise his night ended at half time.

Doku and Alvarez coming on ignited Foden from a really poor first half to being the star man. Became available and was asking for the ball constantly. That’s the Phil we need to see.

Job done, hopefully Alvarez getting his goal will reignite his scoring form.

Leipzig are a really good pressing team and their striker was really good. They dropped too deep towards the end and paid the price. They’d easily beat our raggy neighbours.

I’ve never seen Rodri give the ball away so often, at one point I even thought we might be better with Phillips on the pitch - causing me to have a quiet word with myself.....
I am not sure if Pep is playing him in a different role, but he struggled with Gvardiol positioning, he looked like he could not figure out or predict Gvardiol's movement.

Just got in. An old mate from years ago had a spare ticket so we had a catch up and took in the game. Seats were in the East stand second tier so a great view. Unfortunately it showed how bad we were for the majority of the game.

Our defence was atrocious and the midfield non existent. That was the worst game I've seen Rodri play since he signed for us. He actually looked ill something wasn't right. Up front Haaland had turned into Tony Cunningham ( If you know you know ) and Jack and Phil were terrible too. The first half was a complete horror show from one to eleven.

Second half the subs changed the game and we slowly found some form and somehow won the game.

I'm praying that performance was a one off because if that form continues we're fucked.

Last edited:
Just got in. An old mate from years ago had a spare ticket so we had a catch up and took in the game. Seats were in the East stand second tier so a great view. Unfortunately it showed how bad we were for the majority of the game.

Our defence was atrocious and the midfield non existent. That was the worst game I've seen Rodri play since he signed for us. He actually looked ill something wasn't right. Up front Haaland had turned into Laurie Cunningham ( If you know you know ) and Jack and Phil were terrible too. The first half was a complete horror show from one to eleven.

Second half the subs changed the game and we slowly found some form and somehow won the game.

I'm praying that performance was a one off because if that form continues we're fucked.
Lol Laurie Cunningham.

Hey, we were shit in the first half?
Remember us being shit against a team called QPR for most of the match, and going on to win the league?
Remember us being shit against a team called Aston Villa, and going on in ten crazy minutes to win the league.
Rather we didn't, obviously, but if we have to… we can do that too.
Their second goal reminded me of the Coutinho finish too.

When was the last time we were 2-0 down and lost? We seems to come back most times these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.