Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

It’s not so much the losing but more the manner in which seem to lose games these days which is more frustrating

We were guilty of time-wasting against Atletico. But it's legitimate shithousery when we do it and cheating when others do.
It's cheating when anyone does it! We might waste seconds in the odd game. Most games we don't need to waste time. I've seen teams turn up at the Etihad and The Academy and the time wasting starts from the first goal kick they have or the first throw-in! I think our first priority has always been to put the ball in the opposition net - that isn't achieved by wasting time.

Tough one to take. Think Pep has been to blame in previous years but don't think its his fault on this one.

A little disappointed that we didn't slow it down more when they scored the first, bit of naivety. Would have liked Dias and Fernandinho to calm the rest of them down a bit more, but in reality that 2nd goal was such a fluke when you look back at it.

Sometimes the football gods don't favour you.

I don't buy this narrative. Since 2008, when Pep started coaching, only Zidane has won th CL more times. It's not a title managers win often in their careers.
Quite right, b, no guarantees in football. Too many ways in which the game is won or lost and having twenty two plus a whistling wanker on the pitch at the same time just multiplies the options that make rocket science a simple subject. I said to Mrs Ewing at half time in the women's game, 0-0 at the time, that packed defences have to be lucky every time, forwards don't (full time 6-0) and it's ever so easy, in the heat and tempo of a Uefa CL semi, to make an inadequate decision, let alone a wrong one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.