Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Jesus just gonna through the Pep and player threads , if some had there way we would be looking for a new manager and about 8 new players , they didn’t have a shot on target till 90 minutes

Yet on the two they did they scored.

winning mentality and performing under incredible pressure is a thing in CL and we are not great in those situations.

and we do concede goals in quick successions if you look back our CL exits under Pep in Monaco fuck up, Lyon fuck up, Real fuck now, Spurs fuck up.

our defending certainly isnt calm, chaos takes over, and we dont even do the basics like jumping up with the attacker, trying to block a cross.

dont get me started on our conversion rate of chances. Foden, Mahrez, Grealish did have the chances to win this tie for City first and second leg combined. they scored 2 goals combined only what should have been 4-5 really.
an older version of Kayky called Rodrygo came in as sub and scored two out of two under pressure like this in 90th minute.

Kun missed the pen in Spurs away first leg in CL.
Benzema had two pens vs City, both under huge pressure, scored a Panenka last week and sent the keeper the wrong way yesterday.

you cannot have these and still win CL.

I was very disappointed we couldn't just close the game down, just like they did, feign injuries, drop like flies, admitted we din't get the free kicks we should have and they got everything on offer, but I had a horrible feeling with the Grealish effort and then when they scored I thought shit here we go, rub of the green etc, we never looked the same once Walker left the field, what a fucking WARRIOR that man is, take a bow young man.

I will say though, we MUST stop booing the Uefa anthem, I've said it before, they will NEVER allow us to win the thing when we constantly boo their anthem. Yes the game is as bent as a 10 bob note and when I see certain officials for our games I think really, however they will keep putting brick walls for us to get through to stop us winning it.

The frustrating thing is we would have hammered the bloody scousers in the final with a full team and they knew it.

Out of curiosity, who’d you replace him with?
Im not entirely sure to be honest. Preferably someone with a lot of pace and and can work well with Diaz which for some reason Laporte just doesn't seem to do very well. Few people mentioned Torres at Villareal but i wasnt impressed that much with him in the games with liverpool.

When you strip away all the noise, it pretty much boils down to exactly that!
it’s not UEFA, not the referee, not mentality, but spending vast sums in the wrong areas.
We have some serious young talent coming through and hopefully they will address some of those weaknesses and stop us having to rely on big-money purchases that may or may not work.
That's the whole idea of the E.D.S.

i take it that posts comparing how we feel today — and I feel like utter shit, believe it — to how Pulis felt in ’99, or how we felt in relegation seasons, are humorous?
Please tell me that they're sarcastic humour?
I'm telling you the truth. I was there in our 60s glory days - 70s we had a brilliant team but not much trophy glory, and then the 80s/90s dark days. I never thought we'd have a team like we do now. We were brilliant first leg (just a few seconds of madness) and pretty good last night for 88 minutes. I feel that last night was a combination of us being unlucky, and a biased ref - e.g the Casemiro shirt pull on Phil amongst other factors. Casemiro should have been off. The ref let things go early on, but when players were tiring he got the yellows out. Cheated - and there is a history of it - Llorente for example.

winning mentality and performing under incredible pressure is a thing in CL and we are not great in those situations.

and we do concede goals in quick successions if you look back our CL exits under Pep in Monaco fuck up, Lyon fuck up, Real fuck now, Spurs fuck up.

our defending certainly isnt calm, chaos takes over, and we dont even do the basics like jumping up with the attacker, trying to block a cross.

dont get me started on our conversion rate of chances. Foden, Mahrez, Grealish did have the chances to win this tie for City first and second leg combined. they scored 2 goals combined only what should have been 4-5 really.
an older version of Kayky called Rodrygo came in as sub and scored two out of two under pressure like this in 90th minute.

Kun missed the pen in Spurs away first leg in CL.
Benzema had two pens vs City, both under huge pressure, scored a Panenka last week and sent the keeper the wrong way yesterday.

you cannot have these and still win CL.
Exactly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.