"Real Madrid Can't Afford to Pay The Big Fees Anymore"?

The Fat el Hombre

Sam Wallace just said this on the Sunday Supplement - is this true? And if so then how has this come about?

He said this when talking about the possibility of them signing Sterling on a cut price fee.

Sam Wallace just said this on the Sunday Supplement - is this true? And if so then how has this come about?

He said this when talking about the possibility of them signing Sterling on a cut price fee.
It's all about getting the price down, if they can't pay the going rate they should take thier hat out of the ring or come up with a cash & swap deal that we'd be happy with.

We're too big now to be bullied etc.

They can pay big wages if they get hazard and Sterling on a free so all they have to do is tell there agents that they want these players and will pay them a signing on fee plus big wages.

There could be a lot of truth in the story.

Real Madrid are committed to a €400m modernisation of the Bernabeu stadium. But as always it seems that the initial cost has been underestimated and this figure could rise a lot. They've also got a debt of 100m (190m -90m for Ronaldo sale).

Another big "problem" for the club is that it is no longer easy for them to get hold of public finance for their on and off field projects. Florentino Perez knows all about the changing political situation in Spain. Between 2000 and 2007 Perez was able to finance the purchase of the "galacticos" by selling the club's training ground site for a huge inflated price to the autonomous government of the Region of Madrid - remember that Spain is really 17 separate countries on the Iberian peninsular which conduct their affairs virtually on an independent basis. The banking arm of the regional government, Banco Madrid, went bankrupt and was bailed out with public funds.

The club boasts huge revenues thanks in part due to repeatedly winning the Champions League and also their separate deal for TV rights. The premier league's broadcasting revenue is far more than La Liga's but Madrid and Barca don't suffer this as the money is not shared in the same was as in England. However, the other clubs in La Liga are now starting to make more noises about this. So far, UEFA seemed to have turned a blind eye to what amounts to Unfair Financial Play.

The club didn't really come in for Mbappe or Neymar as they would surely have done a few years ago. So the signs are there for some relative austerity.

https://en.as.com/en/2018/07/25/football/1532523038_146870.html

My heart is breaking for them. Poor little Madrid. I think I might start a fundme Page for them. ****s

Fucking stole my line, lol. People shouldn't be allowed to post news such as this, just ruined my Sunday...

The Spanish FA, the mayor of Madrid, the Spanish government, the EU, UEFA, FIFA, all fucking authorities should meet and work out a solution. This wonderful club, the people running it and its fans have suffered so much historically, my heart is bleeding for them...

Fucking stole my line, lol. People shouldn't be allowed to post news such as this, just ruined my Sunday...

The Spanish FA, the mayor of Madrid, the Spanish government, the EU, UEFA, FIFA, all fucking authorities should meet and work out a solution. This wonderful club, the people running it and its fans have suffered so much historically, my heart is b

The Spanish FA, the mayor of Madrid, the Spanish government, the EU, UEFA, FIFA, all fucking authorities should meet and work out a solution. This wonderful club, the people running it and its fans have suffered so much historically, my heart is bleeding for them...

leeding for them...

I had to break into the next door neighbours, old Mrs Apricot, spinster, blind and a bad hip, to steal her Valium to cope, had it away on my toes with her Telly too and replaced it with mine, hers is a much better one than my piece of shit. She will never even notice. Bless her.

I had to break into the next door neighbours, old Mrs Apricot, spinster, blind and a bad hip, to steal her Valium to cope, had it away on my toes with her Telly too and replaced it with mine, hers is a much better one than my piece of shit. She will never even notice. Bless her.

None of the above will ease your pain though. We have to do something, anything, I mean this is totally unacceptable...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.