Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th April, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they only bring 900 last year. Managed to bump into 6 of them staggering about having a p1ss on the wasteland opposite Aldi - refreshing to see some normal behavior.

Athleticos end looked full at Dortmund last night so is it not just certain clubs. Basque clubs seem to travel well. Even Mallorca took 000's to the Copa Del Final last week even though they are a small(er) club.
I didn't get a ticket for last season vs Real, but I did the season before and there was empty seats everywhere.

Atleti filled it or thereabouts. I think it depends on the culture of the club although you'd think Real Madrid would be able to shift tickets to English based fans?

Nerves are starting to kick in a little bit now, but I'm mainly just excited for the game. Last night's Barca-PSG game has got me a bit more anxious, just in terms of seeing how one bad decision/red card can scupper everything but these are the occasions we dreamed of in the past, so we should savour them. I was far more nervous last year, so think finally winning the competition has eased the pressure a bit.

I'm confident against whoever we play at the Etihad, as our record there is incredible. I trust the players and manager wholeheartedly, and would much rather be in our position than theirs. The result last week has given us a great chance of progressing.

I didn't get a ticket for last season vs Real, but I did the season before and there was empty seats everywhere.

Atleti filled it or thereabouts. I think it depends on the culture of the club although you'd think Real Madrid would be able to shift tickets to English based fans?
I think a good half of them that were there were indeed plastic fans from England. Always the same with Real and Barce. The only authentic match going fans I met in Madrid last week either supported City, Athletico or Dortmund

Nerves are starting to kick in a little bit now, but I'm mainly just excited for the game. Last night's Barca-PSG game has got me a bit more anxious, just in terms of seeing how one bad decision/red card can scupper everything but these are the occasions we dreamed of in the past, so we should savour them. I was far more nervous last year, so think finally winning the competition has eased the pressure a bit.

I'm confident against whoever we play at the Etihad, as our record there is incredible. I trust the players and manager wholeheartedly, and would much rather be in our position than theirs. The result last week has given us a great chance of progressing.

Yes it's a bit of a lottery given the standard of some refs. The penalty and sending off was a bit debatable but I could see why it was given. After that the ref lost the plot, every tackle seemed to be a card. The strict handball rule in this competition worries me too. Madrid are better than last year aside from the keeper. We need to pepper him with shots. It's time for Erling to come of age in a big game too. Him firing on all cylinders for the remainder of the season would be a big bonus.

Underestimate Madrid tonight and we’re not going through. I’m confident enough but it’s a very hard match against a European heavyweight club.
we dont underestimate anyone whether be a league 1 team in the cup right up to real madrid tonight tbf

Yes it's a bit of a lottery given the standard of some refs. The penalty and sending off was a bit debatable but I could see why it was given. After that the ref lost the plot, every tackle seemed to be a card. The strict handball rule in this competition worries me too. Madrid are better than last year aside from the keeper. We need to pepper him with shots. It's time for Erling to come of age in a big game too. Him firing on all cylinders for the remainder of the season would be a big bonus.

This feels like a bigger fixture to me (than last year), as RM having improved a lot. Granted the ref can play a big part but last night was a sending off and a pen no doubt. Two big decisions were correct aided by Cancelo's idiot defending.

Help, help.... I've got a croaky voice today, no sore throat just no voice!! It had better come back before tonight or I'll be sending semaphore signals with my scarf in support instead of shouting......aaarrrggghhh what can I do???

Difficult starting XI to predict tonight, with us having the blessing of a fully fit squad to choose from. At a push I'd go for the following, but wouldn't be at all surprised if he picks a different team.

Ederson
Akanji
Dias
Stones
Gvardiol
Rodri
Bernardo
De Bruyne
Foden
Grealish
Haaland

Help, help.... I've got a croaky voice today, no sore throat just no voice!! It had better come back before tonight or I'll be sending semaphore signals with my scarf in support instead of shouting......aaarrrggghhh what can I do???
Whisky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.