Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing this game at home is a major advantage. Jack recently spoke about how confident the team feel playing at home.

The atmosphere will make the difference and Carvajal won’t be able to foul non stop without getting a yellow. He is their weak link and hopefully Grealish will take advantage. Carvajal also gave away a penalty against Sterling when we knocked them out during Covid if I’m not mistaken.

Many discussing the winger combination and I’d have Bernardo and Grealish. Both work extremely hard defensively and are brilliant at keeping the ball. I love Foden but he’s not in the best form and Mahrez for me is inconsistent. You simply don’t know which Mahrez will turn up while with Bernardo even if he has an off day at least he will be contributing defensively.

Let’s win this and reach the CL FINAL once again!

CTID

Playing this game at home is a major advantage. Jack recently spoke about how confident the team feel playing at home.

The atmosphere will make the difference and Carvajal won’t be able to foul non stop without getting a yellow. He is their weak link and hopefully Grealish will take advantage. Carvajal also gave away a penalty against Sterling when we knocked them out during Covid if I’m not mistaken.

Many discussing the winger combination and I’d have Bernardo and Grealish. Both work extremely hard defensively and are brilliant at keeping the ball. I love Foden but he’s not in the best form and Mahrez for me is inconsistent. You simply don’t know which Mahrez will turn up while with Bernardo even if he has an off day at least he will be contributing defensively.

Let’s win this and reach the CL FINAL once again!

CTID

Mahrez has been one of our most reliably consistent players throughout this season, he keeps to the line so always has the opposition defence stretched and nobody can take a long pass like he does.

Must admit that I’d be very happy to see Bernardo though, if Pep thinks it applicable.

The first 15 minutes of the last game we pressed them hard and they couldn't handle it when we stopped doing that they got back In to the game milder conditions hopefully means we can play like that for longer and put them under a lot more pressure

I can't wait for this game. There is no point in trying to predict the line-up, do we play Jack or Phil, Riyad or Bernie, Nate or Manuel? I don't know, and I don't care because they are all capable of magic, so I trust Pep will pick whoever's body language is best in training. I am happy with the ref as well, he is the best we could have gotten, so no excuses here. I absolutely fucking detest Real Madrid, so let's eat them alive, just knock them out of the park!

Bernardo was man of the match against Bayern, arguably in both legs. He's one for big occasions. It's not like he was in form several months ago.

Also, Bernardo offers us different things compared to Mahrez or Foden. It's not like Bernardo and Mahrez are the same type of player and we choose the one who performed better in the last game or two.
Bernardo is a nailed on starter imo, no denying he wasn't at his best in the 1st leg, but in the big games he delivers 9 times out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.