Real Madrid post match post mortem

Madrid defended well, shithoused us into frustration and had their scoring boots on for the penalties.

We had the chances to win it in 90, but conceding the early goal changed the complexion of the game and tonight we lacked the cutting edge, luck or whatever to score past a very resolute defence.

A few of our players look exhausted but everyone clearly worked as hard as they could tonight. We just couldn't get it over the line.

It happens. Need to dust ourselves off and move forward. This season isn't over for us and we're still competing for 2 trophies.

It’s hard to be too critical because we’ve battered Real for the best part of 180 mins. Pens are a lottery and Real were delighted to get to them.

I actually feel like we lost that when 2-3 up away and they were completely dead on their feet. That was the time to finish them off and yet somehow we contrived to not only not kill them off but let them equalise.

Most have us have said all season that our poor defending would cost us and it’s hard not to think that’s what’s done us. Real have scored 4 despite having created very little and for the most part being vastly inferior to us. I don’t know what’s happened to us at the back this season but things have to change.

It’s tough to take going out like that having played so well. Let’s not forget, it’s Real Madrid and we’ve had them playing like a bottom half prem side.

It’s imperative that we don’t let this affect us too much. There’s a PL title to play for and win that and it’s still an unbelievable season.

I had a feeling it was going to pens for two reason, the first is that we don't lose at the Etihad and the second is that we've failed to beat a top team this season, and that's exactly what happened.

Pep for whatever reason simply hasn't been able to get us tick in these big matches and once again we went behind in a game from the opposition's first attack and it was one comeback too many, Liverpool found out the last week that you can't rely on comebacks every week and we found out tonight.

i think rodri scored 2 pens for spain recently, why not use him tonight?

Some entitled fuckers here tonight
You can’t win all the time and you can’t expect perfection
Sometimes it’s not meant to be
Theres another team on the pitch as well
We are lucky to have this team and it won’t last forever
Must be nice to lose and feel great. Not a feeling I like...never have never will no matter what it is...rumbelows cup, simod cup, UCL..

Let people vent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.