Real Madrid post match post mortem

Lost by fine margins. There were many moments where we could and should have done better over the course of 2 ties. Can't fault the effort but the execution was shit. Why we started off at a snails pace, I'll never know. Allowing Real to come on to us was criminal. Last year we suffocated them, this year we looked a bit jaded.

At least we don't have an overated **** of a player called Jude Bellingham though. Gotta hand it to him though, he's obviously got a great PR team.

Probably but he has not been at the races this season and pep was justified in making the sub. Hopefully we iron out the service issue to him and he figures out what he needs to do better also.

Teams dropping so deep has fucked our plans. We got away with it last season up until nearly the end with big Erling but now it’s ridiculous that every single team from Luton to Madrid just sit deep and transition successfully against us. We need to tweak something for next season or recruit a different type of player.

Anyway, yea he would of scored.
Teams have been playing deep against us forever mate, at the end of the day our old defensive woes came back to haunt us, we scored 4 goals in this tie which should be enough but we shipped in 4 as well, and we've lost every single high scoring tie we've had in the CL, we either keep clean sheets or concede no more than two goals over two legs and we go through or we concede more than 2 and it's goodbye, that's our history in this comp.

Might get away with league title?
Major surgery needed ?
We’ve been beaten by the most successful team in European history on penalties for gods sake. We’re top of the toughest domestic league in world football and we need major surgery !
We’re in the semi finals of the FA Cup !
How long have you been following football ?
Your not and will never be entitled to win trebles every year, it’s a new team from last season that hopefully will improve but even then sometimes you lose .
Certainly we are not entitled to win one, two or three trophies in a season let alone the Super Cup and club world cup. It was an anomaly last year.

What needs to change is how we approach a low block. I would say this - Pep innovates. But he innovates with a false 9. And we don't play that way anymore. And teams know exactly what we're going to do and they sit back and say, "come unlock us". And its the most crappy way to play but we have to figure it out. That's the difference this year.

I'll say too that we miss Gundogan. When he and Rodri were on the pitch, the chances of a successful counter attack were low. If Bernardo leaves, and i think he will, we will need someone on the right. Foden on the right wasn't working. We were better with him in the middle. So I think some non-invasive surgery is probably needed. But yeah, we need to recover. Perhaps Pep was thinking of Saturday and took Akanji, KDB and Haaland off because of it. I don't know. We just need to move forward.

Teams have been playing deep against us forever mate, at the end of the day our old defensive woes came back to haunt us, we scored 4 goals in this tie which should be enough but we shipped in 4 as well, and we've lost every single high scoring tie we've had in the CL, we either keep clean sheets or concede no more than two goals over two legs and we go through or we concede more than 2 and it's goodbye, that's our history in this comp.
Teams have been playing deep but it got to the point now where 21 players are in the same box. We can’t find quality service to Haaland. Defence is a mess this season. Not sure what the problem is, maybe stones not getting a run out this term has something to do with it.

The transition against us is something we need to fix badly. It’s gotten out of hand this season.

I have to say Haaland is really letting us down in the big games. Doing absolutely nothing. You don’t sign and pay all that money for someone to simply occupy the opposition defence and make space for others. At times last season he was unplayable but most teams seem to have worked him out now and he is being completely nullified.
The uncomfortable truth. If his name was Erling Ings, on his recent form he wouldn't have started.

Real played a false 9 & we had the "World class" striker. On paper, form & home advantage, we should've dealt with an ultra defensive Real tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.