Real Madrid post match post mortem

Same outcome as virtually every other big game this season, dominance but lacking the creativity of the past, it’s a familiar story, proud of the team and everything we have achieved, I think we need some adjustments to evolve though
Correct, we've fallen short against the "better" teams all season.

We got knocked out by Real Madrid in the quarter finals of the champions league after they played backs to the wall which they hardly ever do but well done lads for having a right go . We can’t win every game and guess what we might not win a trophy this season but that’s ok as they give everything on the pitch . Shane on city fans slagging them off .

We create chances but fail to put them away, typified by missing penalties from 12 yards out without a defender in sight.

Whilst we do create chances they are nowhere near as frequent as they once were. The De Bruyne one was very good and Foden's was a bit more than a half chance, but think the original poster has a point that we don't seem to create as many.

Feels like in past few seasons we could miss 3 or 4 chances and be ok because another 2 or 3 will come along. Now it's a case of having to take every chance we make because they're harder to come by.

Thinking back to the Madrid semi final last season, we were hammering their goal before we scored and missed loads in between the goals we got too.

We create chances but fail to put them away, typified by missing penalties from 12 yards out without a defender in sight.

Cannot remember their keeper making a host of saves, everything just feels slower. It's a familiar theme for me, not going to be critical though, these players have played non stop for the best part of 2 years, relentless consistency, Pep is so right to praise them

Plus the coward got hit in the balls with the ball and gave a drop ball when not our player responible or problem and was nearly vomiting blood to boot. Then we gave them the ball back, WTF?

What a soft Mother Fucker. Vexed this Morning.
City had possession when the ball hit the ref so I thought we would get the drop ball according to the new law.
Unless UEFA have decided it goes to the defending team as it did for the dippers at Forest the other week.
I think it does if it's in the area, but this was clearly outside.

Even though I’m ok with getting knocked by Madrid I’m still shocked at this arkanji into midfield business as it doesn’t work .

Pep should have sent someone else up for the pen as soon as that clueless fool messed with Bernie's focus. This tiktok attention seeking era has to come to an end at some point. So sick of these silly fans and their obsession for attention. It's not like people run up to you while working to distract you (assuming the fool has a job) or take your working tools for fun and then return it when they feel like i. Football might seem like fun to those watching but Bernie was WORKING yesterday, that's his job!!!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.