Real Madrid post match post mortem

So proud of the boys, they absolutely gave their all. Real did have to defend the whole match, had some luck and as always resorted to the dark arts. Heads up, wouldn’t be surprised if Pep plays youngsters on Saturday. He knows what a toll this relentless season takes out of these super fit athletes.

What a fantastic night surrounded by real madrid fans and threatened with a life time ban if I retaliated. Got love the club the way they treat the fans well that's enough for me on the cup front. League only from now on they have their wish. Thought players tried everything and was just one of those days. And hoe embarrassing was Madrid reminded me of an old Tony pullis team.

We just didn't deserve to go out. Last night was complete and utter domination, however, as has been an all too familiar story this season, we couldn't put our chances away.

We let Madrid off the hook time and time again, 80% possession, 30 odd shots, 18 odd corners, it was a robbery on their part.

We needed to win in 90 mins, after that De Bruyne miss i just had this horrible feeling it wasnt going to be our night. ET was a practical non event with barely any football played, and then penalties are our achilles heel.

Couldn't be prouder of the way the majority of players performed: Akanji, Rodri, Grealish, De Bruyne, Doku and Gvardiol were superb. On the other hand, it was a shame to see Foden have little impact on the game, and Haaland pocketed yet again by a solid Rudiger.

Unfortunately it was just another heartbreaking night in a competition that has given us so many. I'm away to watch re-runs of the rodri goal in Istanbul to make me feel better.

I thought we were exceptional last night, We had Real Madrid pinned in their own half for basically the entire game bar 15 minutes of the first half. They scored with their own meaningful attempt of the whole game and that's what happens in the Champions League you get punished.

We had some seriously good performances last night, Rodri, Grealish, Doku, Akanji ect Every single one of those players gave absolutely everything they left everything on that pitch last night and as fans that's what we ask for the most and week after week we get it from this group of players.

The best team over two legs got knocked out last night which has happened us numerous times before but we'll be back again fighting for it next season as always.

It's a horrible way to lose any game going out on penalties and fair play to the lads stepping up to take one. I seen some of the comments on here regarding Bernie and Eddie, Honestly fuck off! Bernie went down the middle and the keeper caught him out, If the keeper had of dived which Bernardo thought was going to happen we would be praising him, As for Ederson, He saved a penalty and scored on, Two of Real Madrid pens he was never going to get near to anyway.

We got knocked out of the Champions League, Life moves on...So for all you fannies get over it! We've a title now to retain along with the FA Cup.

Come On City!

Gutted, great effort, better side, really unlucky.

Only disappointments for me, were the shite corners, and our reluctance to have a go from the edge of the box. Lost count of the amount of times Rodri had it where he scored from against Bayern last year, but kept passing, passing, passing.

Walking it in isn't always the best option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.