Real Madrid post match post mortem

Really disappointed to head out after being so dominant. We have to make that sort of total dominance count in European games, penalties are far too levelling.

We played well from the 2nd half on, i thought the 1st was a bit passive. Having said that, arguably our better chances were in the 1st half.....apart from the De Bruyne one. I am shocked he didnt at least hit the target, that was the big one. With that would have come three. Akanji did ever so well in his role, but i though he cried out to be replaced in ET. I thought him for Bobb/Stones was the swap at the end of 90.

The whole penalty shoot out was madness, Ederson and Rudiger on 5th pens?!? Bernie oh Bernie, i feel for you lad.

You can't just pass ball around and expect something good to happend,there was opportunity for shots on goal,but no one was shoting, if you shot it can deflect and who knows but no we want to walk we the ball in goal,in Madrid all three goals that we scored were from outside penaly area.
Pep limits players by not allowing them freedom.

We don't use Haaland the best way we can.
What is with corners, over 10 off them taken and not even one good weird tactic.
Teams who defend deep looks like issue again.
People saying we played good.Did we?What did we create not many chances,what we did is controll possesion.

I felt a bit sorry for Haaland especially after all the ridiculous bandwagon criticism of recent weeks

No goals from rebounds as we rarely shoot in the first place
No tap ins at the far post as we rarely cross first time.

Last night we seemed determined to recreate his header at Old Trafford with the Grealish reverse pass to Bernardo, but on each occasion Bernardo overhit his cross

I awoke this morning, not gutted, but seriously disappointed at the result last night.
I lamented going out of the competition in that manner; play a team off the park, don't take our chances, get punished for it.
But, I realised that if we went out we were always going to go out like that. There isn't a team around that can go toe to toe with us. It was always going to be an upset. And so it came to be.
No regrets, move on.

Bernardo….a genius…..a superstar…City Legend. So feel for him.

Whether it was the fan keeping the ball, the ref/officials/club….it was amateur on an unbelievable level.

I knew as soon as he raced to collect the ball he wasn’t comfortable….FOR
FUCKS SAKE.

People are plaiming City for moving the ball around!!! But, what can you do when a team like Real Madrid put 10 players infront of their goal? It is really difficult.

This cowardly Real madrid managed to do it twice against us. Even In the first game they scored twice from deflected balls.

Is it luck? I am really sad. It is just the feeling that this must be not fair.

Bernardo….a genius…..a superstar…City Legend. So feel for him.

Whether it was the fan keeping the ball, the ref/officials/club….it was amateur on an unbelievable level.

I knew as soon as he raced to collect the ball he wasn’t comfortable….FOR
FUCKS SAKE.

He’s a wonderful player and seems like such a nice bloke but he’s not exactly an “ice running through his veins” type guy. Which isn’t a bad thing, but when it comes to penalties you do need that resolve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.