Real Madrid want Otamendi

We'd be fucked without a player that spends half the time on his arse, crawling around like a toddler? He's shit and he was only made to look good by Kompany. Can't wait until he leaves and we get a centre back that's capable of taking control of a defence. Stones is equally as bad, but he did show at the start of last season that he's got potential to be a quality centre back. Otamendi is 29 year old experienced international, if we can't rely on him now, we never will.
This is a totally bizarre attack on a player who statistically topped all our other defenders last season with ease, because you're unwilling to let go a few instances of positional failure, which doesn't seem to be a problem when he's next to someone competent like Kompany as opposed to Stones or Mangala.

All of our cbs are very good second cbs. By that i mean they all need a leader next to them hence why kompany makes them look good but they can struggle and get out of position without him. Thats my view of it.

Stones is sometimes clever with bringing the ball out from the back. Otamendi is fast with closing players down and blocking. Both are unfortunately not up to standards we want when commanding the back and the box. Kompany does this, but also brings the ball out from the back, and closes players down and blocking, and be part of an attack when needed, and scores a few goals. We tend to assess Stones and Otamendi's contribution based on the prime litmus test that is Kompany.

This is a totally bizarre attack on a player who statistically topped all our other defenders last season with ease, because you're unwilling to let go a few instances of positional failure, which doesn't seem to be a problem when he's next to someone competent like Kompany as opposed to Stones or Mangala.

I wonder how long it would be until someone came along with these stats. I go to games and watch him with my own eyes. I don't rate him, we should have centre backs which are the same class as Kompany. Stones and otamendi are miles off his level.

All of our cbs are very good second cbs. By that i mean they all need a leader next to them hence why kompany makes them look good but they can struggle and get out of position without him. Thats my view of it.
Mine too. Where Stones is concerned its understandable that he'd need a leader next to him given his age, new club, hefty price tag, that's why I'm willing to cut him some slack for now.

Otamendi on the other hand shouldn't at this stage of his career need that type of hand holding.

Yep although i think some of it is type of player they are. It would be fine if ota remains a number 2 as long as he always has a leader next to him. The issue may be we only have 1 and he has had his issues with injury. I say had as im keeping optimistic!!

I wonder how long it would be until someone came along with these stats. I go to games and watch him with my own eyes. I don't rate him, we should have centre backs which are the same class as Kompany. Stones and otamendi are miles off his level.
Why don't you rate him though? You say he spends half the time on the floor, well, that simply isn't true. He's been left for dead four or five times, yes. That doesn't change the fact that he's several classes ahead of all our other defenders bar Kompany and now Walker.
As it happens I agree that we need better, but we're not getting them. There's been no reported movement on the Van Dijk front, Bonucci is going to Milan and Boateng, as things stand, is a pipe dream. I highly doubt Inigo Martinez is a step up from Otamendi and Laporte seems to be dead to Pep. I think Otamendi, next to a fit Kompany, is more than good enough to win the league with.

Why don't you rate him though? You say he spends half the time on the floor, well, that simply isn't true. He's been left for dead four or five times, yes. That doesn't change the fact that he's several classes ahead of all our other defenders bar Kompany and now Walker.
As it happens I agree that we need better, but we're not getting them. There's been no reported movement on the Van Dijk front, Bonucci is going to Milan and Boateng, as things stand, is a pipe dream. I highly doubt Inigo Martinez is a step up from Otamendi and Laporte seems to be dead to Pep. I think Otamendi, next to a fit Kompany, is more than good enough to win the league with.

He does spend half the time on his arse, have you watched him play? The only bit of credit I'll give to otamendi is that he's good at one on ones. It's a shame that that no other defender is available so we can't ship him off. You're right about otamendi next to Kompany would win the league, but so would stones and Kompany. Kompany will not stay fit, I think some of our fans have forgotten that he's a walking injury, which is a shame because he's the best defender in the league, even when half fit. So that leaves us with otamendi and stones which for me is a problem.

The big problem is that there are not many in the same class as Vinny. There is little doubt in my mind that if it were not for his injury problems particularly
over the last few years Kompany would have reached the very highest level a CB can reach. We have a big job to replace him hopefully not for a year or two and
I don't think Stones or Otto should be compared directly to this great. I think some of the hostility displayed on here towards Otamendi is way over board and some folk need to draw in there horns. The very fact that the biggest club in the world are supposed to be interest in him shows just how little some of the savage critics here know about football.

The big problem is that there are not many in the same class as Vinny. There is little doubt in my mind that if it were not for his injury problems particularly
over the last few years Kompany would have reached the very highest level a CB can reach. We have a big job to replace him hopefully not for a year or two and
I don't think Stones or Otto should be compared directly to this great. I think some of the hostility displayed on here towards Otamendi is way over board and some folk need to draw in there horns. The very fact that the biggest club in the world are supposed to be interest in him shows just how little some of the savage critics here know about football.

Stones and otamendi should be compared to Kompany, we should have other defenders that can step up for when Kompany is missing. When Kompany is injured, the level of quality drops so much that our defence lacks any sort of defensive organisation, we also look weak. I could never make my mind up on him in his first season, he had a few brilliant games and then a few games which I thought we'd sign some sort of break dancer that was always doing something on the floor. Nothing has changed, he hasn't grown into the role, hasn't led by example, just doesn't cut it for me. I don't think I've ever met a city fan in person that is 100% convinced that he's a good defender, its always he's alright or shite. Nice little dig at the end saying I know little about football. I'm guessing a lot of city fans know little about football then, because a good majority have split opinions on otamendi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.