Reality check

citymad

Team supported
Man chest hair City
When you see the likes of Benjani coming on in such an important game it shows we have a long long way to go to sort out this squad. It sounds horrible I know but I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach when I saw "colgate boy" come on followed by Fernandes. It was clear tonight we're not quite ready to take on the second tier of european football. It will take a couple of years before this happens. Still gutted though!!

citymad said:
When you see the likes of Benjani coming on in such an important game it shows we have a long long way to go to sort out this squad. It sounds horrible I know but I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach when I saw "colgate boy" come on followed by Fernandes. It was clear tonight we're not quite ready to take on the second tier of european football. It will take a couple of years before this happens. Still gutted though!!

Much of this has it's origns in Hughe's kak-handed management of the January transfer window. WTF didn't he have a Plan B re RSC saga? We need a target man but its way too pissing late for that now.....and why, come to that, was Jo let go when he should have been kept on the bench in the hopes that he'd come good once he found his feet in the Prem. He doesn't win regular caps for Brazil without having something about him, shirley. Then he buys a crock (Bellamy) and an overpriced defender who couldn't get in the Chelsea team to save his life. We could have given ourselves a great chance of nicking the Uefa and sneaking into the Top six but Hughes blew it. It is wasteful.

Pam said:
citymad said:

Much of this has it's origns in Hughe's kak-handed management of the January transfer window. WTF didn't he have a Plan B re RSC saga? We need a target man but its way too pissing late for that now.....and why, come to that, was Jo let go when he should have been kept on the bench in the hopes that he'd come good once he found his feet in the Prem. He doesn't win regular caps for Brazil without having something about him, shirley. Then he buys a crock (Bellamy) and an overpriced defender who couldn't get in the Chelsea team to save his life. We could have given ourselves a great chance of nicking the Uefa and sneaking into the Top six but Hughes blew it. It is wasteful.

We put all our eggs in one basket concerning RSC, still can't quite believe we didn't have other options.

We got beat by a much better team, but when we have to bring on the likes of Benjani, Garrido and Gelson thats where the problem lies.

So next week, get the bananas out and sing your heads off and get behind the team!!

And lets show the rest of Europe (and our new owners) why we are the best fans in the world, and why we still love City, even after not winning a bloody cup in 33 years!!!!!

bluestew said:
We got beat by a much better team, but when we have to bring on the likes of Benjani, Garrido and Gelson thats where the problem lies.

So next week, get the bananas out and sing your heads off and get behind the team!!

And lets show the rest of Europe (and our new owners) why we are the best fans in the world, and why we still love City, even after not winning a bloody cup in 33 years!!!!!

Best post i've read so far this morning ^^^^^
Let's use Thursday to show the players and the owners were right behind them.........regardless of the outcome!!

.[/quote][/quote]We put all our eggs in one basket concerning RSC, still can't quite believe we didn't have other options.[/quote

We should have brought in a squad capable of winning the Uefa Cup but I don't think we've managed it.

looking back on last night the wrong team was picked studge shouldnt of played we should have tried to shut up shop going with such an attacking formation away from home against a very good side ws vey nieve. dont ask me what team i would of played i dont get paid for that and i cant be arsed lol. but surley mh and co must of watched hamburg quite a few times and new what to expect.
however i still think we can do them at coms as long as mh can fire them up .a word or two of caution though hamburg sv have won 5 away games in this comp. lets roar our boys to victory next week come on blues!!

even with this bunch of morons we will win 2-0 next week.
Mark should tell them just how many of thhem r at risk when the window open.

citymad said:

Benjani came on and we were 1-1 and finished 3-1. Not blaming Benjani for the result but surely would it not have made sence to bring on Elano or Fernands on for Studge an push robinho up top and tighten things up. For me at 1-1 we would have been firmly in the driving seat for the next leg.
Now we face an uphill task and risk that if they score first the tie is all but over

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.