Recession, Football Hooliganism and Unemployment...

NQT said:
We'll nip over to Orgreave for a scrap.

Really though, unemployment + recession = violence at football

I doubt it, things (at most clubs) have moved on, there has always been a small minority that will want it, mainly teenage lads more talk than fighting.

I mean most people won't remember or know that the RAG's in the 70's had a reputation similar to Millwall!

Ducado said:
NQT said:
We'll nip over to Orgreave for a scrap.

Really though, unemployment + recession = violence at football

I doubt it, things (at most clubs) have moved on, there has always been a small minority that will want it, mainly teenage lads more talk than fighting.

I mean most people won't remember or know that the RAG's in the 70's had a reputation similar to Millwall!
True..I remember the rags pulling {I think} Norwich;s ground apart,and it wasn;t a few,it was thousands.Part demolished it..

Ducado said:

I remember, fucking cockneys then - fucking cockneys now. Nowt changes much eh mucka!

There is definitely a link between a poor economic climate and violence IMO. I'm sure I read that researchers have clearly linked economic downturns and racial hatred and violence. I'm sure racial violence arises in part as as groups of locals ganging up together and focusing on the 'need' to 'protect' their interests from outsiders. Same thing as organised football violence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.