Red Star Belgrade away.

Thoroughly unpleasant trip. I thought the locals were a miserable bunch, who only cracked a smile when they were taking your hard-earned off you. Having been to Kharkiv twice following City, a population who have it far harder than this lot but were warm and welcoming, the Serbs were the exact opposite. Someone explained to me that they hold our country responsible for the NATO bombing of Belgrade in the 90's, simply because the US planes left from UK bases. That might explain the attitude, but it doesn't explain the targeting of UK citizens 30-odd years later, who weren't flying the fucking planes or loading the bombs you fucking bellends.

The absolute cunts who attacked Blues are just indiscriminate trophy hunters, who would run a country mile if numbers were equal and they weren't tooled up. That was proved at Queens pub, when they were initially repelled by a few of our old faces.

Met up with Ethan before the game last night, who was typically City, on the beers and having a laugh, despite getting a fearful kicking from the shithouses outside. Wrong place, wrong time, put in hospital, just making a fucking phone call.

Cunts.

Thanks Belgrade...and fuck off.

Back home now, shout out to the three city fans outside student sq who allowed me to share a taxi with them as we missed the buses much appreciated if any of you are on here!

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned on here but that was a belting away end, superb turn out from us. Top people, top trip
Agreed, and good to see a lot of old faces there. Proper following, considering the circumstances. Amazing that the corporate lot didn't fancy it. Truly amazing.

That's the headline grabbing incident, but it's the "quieter" ones that go unreported, the sly digs on lone blues, or our elder statesmen.

When people like Eddie Sparrow are being targeted, as he was in Belgrade, that tells you all you need to know about the absolute scum that infest these places.

Eddie, who as we all know, does such selfless work in keeping the memories of lost Blues alive, attacked by a faceless prick for shits and giggles.

I fucking despair.

Last edited:
The trouble still surprises me as noisy lads from the valleys and hard drinking North Walians enjoyed themselves in Belgrade without problems. Someone also said Premier League clubs have had quiet trips too.

I wouldn’t wish to go back to Paris, Tirana, Baku or Yerevan quickly but would visit Belgrade again. Maybe we were just unlucky?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.