Reece Wabara

allblackcitizen

What's the deal with this lad? Looks like he came back from his loan spell at Doncaster, but he's not in the EDS squad (is he too old?). Where is he? In some kind of limbo until he's inevitably released?

Boy who could have been an excellent player when he was 16, decided to trade it all in for a few nights out and a shit clothing line instead of getting his head down on football. Also often whinges that he doesn't get picked for the first team rather than actually going out and doing the work.

Struggled at Doncaster. Had the potential and threw it all away.

Seems like an all too familiar lament for a fair proportion of our academy products over the last 5 years or so. Did we recruit a whole load of bad eggs or did something go wrong with the culture? Or is it something that's across the board and has afflicted most top flight clubs?

Anyway, hopefully it's being sorted and we produce more stand up young men who appreciate the gift that they have and want to work hard for the rewards they get. Not that I want to come across as all preachy and holier than thou.

allblackcitizen said:
Seems like an all too familiar lament for a fair proportion of our academy products over the last 5 years or so. Did we recruit a whole load of bad eggs or did something go wrong with the culture? Or is it something that's across the board and has afflicted most top flight clubs?

Anyway, hopefully it's being sorted and we produce more stand up young men who appreciate the gift that they have and want to work hard for the rewards they get. Not that I want to come across as all preachy and holier than thou.
A small proportion rather than a fair proportion I'd have said. And yes, it'll apply to all clubs around the world, kids will be kids.

Looks like he's off somewhere..

qMTCq6U.png

ColinLee said:
allblackcitizen said:

A small proportion rather than a fair proportion I'd have said. And yes, it'll apply to all clubs around the world, kids will be kids.

I've read similar about other clubs, a general lack of humility and arrogance at most academies. It must be something to do with making more money than all your mates put together, being told you're the best in the world and generally our culture of excess.

It's all possible this has always happened mind it's just that in the media age we get to hear every detail from every source, unlike when it was contained to a few mates in the know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.