Ref change for Bin Dippers v Rags...

pardoe

Does anyone else think it's a bit dodgy that the man who was assigned to officiate the Liverpool v United game this weekend, Martin Atkinson (the harshest ref in the league according to the stats) has suddenly developed a virus and been replaced by Mark Halsey (the man the stats show to be the most leniant)?

I was only going to watch if there was a realistic chance of seeing a few of either side getting punched in the gob. Might paint the box room now.

* Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, or if you don't care.

yes, its a conspiracy

there's absolutely no chance that Martin Atkinson is in any way ill

if 'they' wanted a lenient ref first up they would hav simply appointed halsey not atkinson

nothing to see here

100% BaconChops been on to the Fa Atkinson hasn't refereed a rags match for 11 months after BaconChops has a go at him! Whose running football in this country hey

If referees are so above suspicion and impartial why can't they referee a game in which their supported team is playing?

Scared referee?

Sounds to me the referees are just making things up as they go now!
A snippet from the bbcsport site.....

Referee Martin Atkinson will definitely miss the game, after pulling out because of illness. It is now almost 11 months since Atkinson took charge of a Manchester United game, after he was fiercely criticised by Sir Alex Ferguson after United's 2-1 defeat by Chelsea.
Full story: the Times (subsciption required)

11 months is a long time for a premier ref to dodge a team.
Give Howard a tinkle I'm sure he'll cover!

Re: Scared referee?

If he is scared to ref after fergie criticised him then he needs to grow a pair, although I'd imagine it'd have to be proven if he's ill, not just phone up because he's bottling it, but I dont know for certain.

Re: Scared referee?

clattenburg didn't referee an everton game from october 2007 until this month. this was after giving liverpool a penalty in injury time while failing to give everton a nailed on pen even deeper into injury time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.