Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

The stoppage time is the one thing that needs investigating in my opinion.

1-0 up, 6-10 mins added on.

1-1, you have can 3 or 4 mins max.

The obvious one to recall is Newcastle away which we managed to win. It feels like no game in this modern era should have just 3 mins, with the amount of subs, time-wasting, goals etc...

It's about time we started seeing how they get to these numbers.

I thought the ref was ok, a few things that both could complain but he seemed ok & consistent.

As for time, it seems suss but a total of 8 subs however I’m sure they made 5 subs but in 2 stoppages.

He wasn't awful.......but one thing that pisses me off every games is when we receive the ball and the defender is right up the players ass, pushing, niggling and not getting anywhere near the ball, which usual results in us going back 20 yards or losing the ball.

Other way round and it's an immediate free kick to the opposition

He wasn't awful.......but one thing that pisses me off every games is when we receive the ball and the defender is right up the players ass, pushing, niggling and not getting anywhere near the ball, which usual results in us going back 20 yards or losing the ball.

Other way round and it's an immediate free kick to the opposition

That was my only criticism.

Yesterdays game made me realise how fucked up the idea of this "Blue Card" and sin bin is.

Very late in normal time a City player committed a tactical foul, now my understanding is under the rules to be trialed this could be a blue card and being sin binned, now i dont know how long this is for but lets assume 10 minutes.

Half way through the injury time one of their players committed a tactical foul as well. And as such you would hope he was treated the same.

But what happens if not? say we lost our player but Bourmouth didn't, its another manipulation method.
Will VAR review a "Blue card" or is it up to the refs judgement?

But the big one for me is the timing in the game, a player could be sin binned after 20 minutes and be out of the game for the next 10 minutes, likewise a player could be sin binned in the last minute of injury time. He could be out of the game for 30 seconds.

What happens when a player gets sin binned and then there is an injury, lets say Rodri gets a 10 minute ban, could the other players then fall at every oportunity and feign injury to limit the impact?

Yesterdays game made me realise how fucked up the idea of this "Blue Card" and sin bin is.

Very late in normal time a City player committed a tactical foul, now my understanding is under the rules to be trialed this could be a blue card and being sin binned, now i dont know how long this is for but lets assume 10 minutes.

Half way through the injury time one of their players committed a tactical foul as well. And as such you would hope he was treated the same.

But what happens if not? say we lost our player but Bourmouth didn't, its another manipulation method.
Will VAR review a "Blue card" or is it up to the refs judgement?

But the big one for me is the timing in the game, a player could be sin binned after 20 minutes and be out of the game for the next 10 minutes, likewise a player could be sin binned in the last minute of injury time. He could be out of the game for 30 seconds.

What happens when a player gets sin binned and then there is an injury, lets say Rodri gets a 10 minute ban, could the other players then fall at every oportunity and feign injury to limit the impact?

I think that's why it got scrapped, people started to raise how much it would disrupt the game. Players feigning injury, time-wasting, sitting in a deep defensive block for 10minutes. Pointless basically. Just book players when they deserve to be booked.

Didnt think he was to bad the foul Neuas was at least a booking.

Allowed a more physical game and I think was fair to both teams. I think it looked worse because Bournemouth game plan was to be tight and push and shove as much as possible. So Bournemouth did most of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.