Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Instructions from above I think.

I used to watch my lad play rugby alongside a premier League ref. No names but you can work it out.
I was giving him some gentle stick about sending SWP off the day before, and he was defending the decision, all very amicably.

Then he got a phone call and moved away to take it. When he came back he was furious and told me the "powers that be" had told him to reverse it so the card was rescinded. He said the reason was something to do with "ongoing negotiations" or some such, nothing to do with the decision itself. Then in the media it said he'd changed his mind on seeing the video. That was total bollox.
The only game I can recall SWP getting sent off was Everton at home, we won 3-1 think Anelka got the goals.

When was the last footballer to be sent off for time wasting in the Premier League?
Two yellow cards is pretty common, whether the first or second is for time wasting is pretty irrelevant, isn't it?

Plenty of players have got yellow cards this season for kicking the ball away (Ayew for Palace vs dippers in about the 60th min springs to mind) and that's the only one I can remember where a 1st yellow for time-wasting then got a second yellow/red (listed for statistical purposes as a "bad foul" but it wasn't). Do I also remember a player getting booked against liverpool when VanDick kicked the ball at him (with the singular purpose of getting him booked) from a free kick and then that player got a second yellow later in the match? Don't know and I can't be arsed trawling through stats on a Sunday in order to prove a point.

If the refs consistently gave yellows for other forms of time-wasting as they now do for kicking the ball away (but it's difficult to do, how long is too long to take a throw in/goal kick/free kick?) I'm certain there'd be many more cases of it

That prick last night really went after us and had a clear agenda. The idea that a jumped up little nobody can come to our home and take the piss like he did with the help of his mates at Stockley Park and walk away laughing his bollocks off, just like he was laughing and joking with Pochettino when they emerged after half time really pisses me off. of course we are all City fans but the give away if one was needed was the lack of injury time. If that’s anyone else they get at least six or seven minutes, especially when the keeper had been booked for time wasting, numerous subs, a couple of VAR “checks” and several feigned injuries. The agenda against us clear and organised, it’s obvious the club can’t or won’t do anything so we have to suck it up and hope our players can beat the officials as well.

Pissed me off when we were well on top and a Chelsea player feigned injury so the rest of them could rush to the touchline for a tactics meeting. The whistling wanker was very slow to react to it.
Yeah like when he stopped the game because Gallagher had lost a pube and Chelsea all went for a team talk.
The ref then started to wave his arms telling them to get back on the pitch.
Don't stop the game for fuck all then you thick twat and they won't be able to walk off for cosy chats

Two yellow cards is pretty common, whether the first or second is for time wasting is pretty irrelevant, isn't it?

Plenty of players have got yellow cards this season for kicking the ball away (Ayew for Palace vs dippers in about the 60th min springs to mind) and that's the only one I can remember where a 1st yellow for time-wasting then got a second yellow/red (listed for statistical purposes as a "bad foul" but it wasn't). Do I also remember a player getting booked against liverpool when VanDick kicked the ball at him (with the singular purpose of getting him booked) from a free kick and then that player got a second yellow later in the match? Don't know and I can't be arsed trawling through stats on a Sunday in order to prove a point.

If the refs consistently gave yellows for other forms of time-wasting as they now do for kicking the ball away (but it's difficult to do, how long is too long to take a throw in/goal kick/free kick?) I'm certain there'd be many more cases of it
No, no one ever gets sent off for time wasting. That’s what I said and that was the point I was making. I vaguely remember one case, but I can’t remember when it was. It was a player delaying a throw in and the ref had forgotten he’d already been booked and only showed the red when he was marking his card.

Getting booked after 70 mins for time wasting us to appease a buying crowd. There’s no chance they get a second yellow card for time wasting.

The rest isn't anything to do with the point I made. It was Ayew.

The only thing you need to believe that it's corrupt is to watch the game and then read today's headlines. "Title Race On!". The FA wants this. The last thing they want is City winning by 10 pts.

And this doesn't have to be a blatant, we are giving you a bonus if City drop points scenario. All they have to do is tell VAR or the official if they give any 50/50 call to City, don't expect good assignments. That I believe 100% does happen. It causes VAR to look at a replay and instead of evaluating it, they are looking at it to see if there's any argument for it not to go City's way. I was a basketball official in the US and was told by supervisors in games of mismatches that if I gave 1 call to the dominant team I wouldn't ref again. I also know one of the most prominent officials here told me that he looks to make a call against the home team in big games as soon as possible to shut the crowd up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.