Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Overblown ! Why ? Forest get the ball in the corner and everything is totally different. They could force another corner and possibly score from it, they could look to run the clock down anything. That was a monumental fuck up.

Because 99% of the time it doesn’t have that outcome to it. I’ve seen far worse decisions that have led much more directly to goals. I say it’s overblown because Forest didn’t lose directly because of that decision, which is what a lot of people are saying.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think he should have greater punishment than just a week off though - like I said, he did a similar thing in the first half so he’s clearly incompetent. That he’s not even got a week off and is on VAR this weekend is a pisstake.

Because 99% of the time it doesn’t have that outcome to it. I’ve seen far worse decisions that have led much more directly to goals. I say it’s overblown because Forest didn’t lose directly because of that decision, which is what a lot of people are saying.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think he should have greater punishment than just a week off though - like I said, he did a similar thing in the first half so he’s clearly incompetent. That he’s not even got a week off and is on VAR this weekend is a pisstake.
99% of the time, you are not <1 minute from the end. Forest might or might not have won, but they get the ball back, it almost certainly rules out a scouser win

Overblown ! Why ? Forest get the ball in the corner and everything is totally different. They could force another corner and possibly score from it, they could look to run the clock down anything. That was a monumental fuck up.

Only this. People saying it wasn't a big deal with 2 minutes left don't understand much about the psychology of immense physical and mental effort over a lengthy period. It's not like sitting at a desk writing a 2,000 word report, making a spelling mistake in the last paragraph and having the wherewithal and mental composure to, I don't know, re-type the word. Think about that, Dermot fucking Gallagher.

yep. hence why VAR is needed.
prior VAR a ref can point to the spot whenever he feels like. blows my mind people would prefer that.
Can remember a game,might have been Blackburn where they were attacking the scoreboard end and the ref plays advantage after a foul in the penalty box, they miss the chance(think it was Cole) and he then goes back and awards a penalty.
I can remember countless occurances, too many to mention but of course our friends in the press used to embrace Fergie time when in reality it was downright cheating.

This week was fair. We were badgering the ref about added time because of their time wasting the whole game so can’t really complain when he listens and adds it on.
There would have been no complaints had it been 1-1 when the board went up.
Totally agree with you, the only problem is, had it been 1 - 1, i suggest to you, there would have been no more than 3 minutes added on.
AND...............yes i'm serious

99% of the time, you are not <1 minute from the end. Forest might or might not have won, but they get the ball back, it almost certainly rules out a scouser win

I didn’t think it did when I watched it. Either way though, I meant more as in it was a decision that led to a relief of pressure rather than a direct impact on a goal. Doesn’t make it any better a decision, like I said I think Tierney should be demoted for far longer than a week, particularly as he did the same thing earlier in the game so was continuously not applying the correct rules.

Had almost nothing to do but managed to miss a pen and give Copenhagen a free kick instead.

Had no effect on the result but, he could be a concern in a game that was in the balance.

Had almost nothing to do but managed to miss a pen and give Copenhagen a free kick instead.

Had no effect on the result but, he could be a concern in a game that was in the balance.
Yeah, I can't believe he thought an attacker would allow himself to be held and dragged about by a defender in order to gain a scoring advantage.

Great how Pep just stared long and hard when asked about "outside influences " (ie incompetent refs and feral Dippers) then just said" ,we have to be better ,and overcome them all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.