Ref Watch

He was very poor today. I thought refs were gonna clamp down on timewasting. He did as much as the useless fuckers did last year. Twenty seconds on one goal kick, and we didn't seem to have bought any raffle tickets off him that would have won us the odd free kick prize!
In the first half the farce that followed a goal kick was repeated time and again. The ref didn't do anything until a City player threw his arms up in the air and complained, he then waved his own hand to indicate the kick should be taken.
I also noticed that Palace suffered very few injuries after they went 3-2 down.

Toss officiating yesterday. Ref didn't bother to have a word with the Palace keeper.

their second goal should have been chalked off, fucking elbow in cancelo's face prior to the corner kick.
half a twat the ref.
It probably doesn't help Cancelo's cause that he exaggerated his rolling about, and that he does that every other match, whenever a hand goes anywhere near his face.

It was on the blind side for the ref and the assistant, so it's not a surprise they assumed it was Cancelo up to his usual nonsense. VAR could have intervened, but unless they thought it was a straight red, then there's nothing they can do - and I suspect the fact that Cancelo exaggerates contact makes it look like the contact was minimal.

Problem is I don't now if the 3 goal should have stood, what does the rule say.

About the Haaland one that's usually not q red.

Liverpool fans totally dominate all conversation about this, they are just sick it is getting way out of hand .

Didn’t recognise this little clown but when I discover his name he joins the list of spineless incompetents who haven’t got a clue.

Each time Palace were having their goal kick charade he’d wait until they’d been faffing about for 20 secs before giving a camp, half hearted wave of his arm to hurry them up - then he’d turn his back for another 10 secs by which time it still hadn’t been taken. Particularly poor from him not to realise that palace players were engaging him in conversation while all this was going on specifically to prevent him noticing how long had elapsed each time.

Can’t wait til we have a rugby style stopped clock for each interruption and I can save my anger for worthier targets than clueless refs

Was supposed to have been Scott but was replaced late on by Darren England. Presume Scott was injured or unwell.
Dipper England got the gig last minute. I didn't know that.

Interesting he was picked whilst his beloved club were hitting a cricket score.

As you say. Still didn't stop us.

It probably doesn't help Cancelo's cause that he exaggerated his rolling about, and that he does that every other match, whenever a hand goes anywhere near his face.

It was on the blind side for the ref and the assistant, so it's not a surprise they assumed it was Cancelo up to his usual nonsense. VAR could have intervened, but unless they thought it was a straight red, then there's nothing they can do - and I suspect the fact that Cancelo exaggerates contact makes it look like the contact was minimal.
VAR SHOULD have intervened, but it's City, so let's just get on with the Palace corner. It wouldn't have mattered had Cancelo leapt onto the roof and emulated an Olympic diver demonstrating a 3.8 tariff dive and impaled himself arse end on a corner flag, the 'tackle' was violent. I cannot see where a forearm smash more relevant to the wrestling ring than a football pitch wouldn't and shouldn't have brought forth a red card.

Throwing your leg out will do it.
Amazing how often people tell us the ref made a mistake when they don't know the laws and guidelines themselves.

I thought he was very lenient on a few occasions, but consistently so for both teams. No problem with him really.

Didn’t recognise this little clown but when I discover his name he joins the list of spineless incompetents who haven’t got a clue.

Each time Palace were having their goal kick charade he’d wait until they’d been faffing about for 20 secs before giving a camp, half hearted wave of his arm to hurry them up - then he’d turn his back for another 10 secs by which time it still hadn’t been taken. Particularly poor from him not to realise that palace players were engaging him in conversation while all this was going on specifically to prevent him noticing how long had elapsed each time.

Can’t wait til we have a rugby style stopped clock for each interruption and I can save my anger for worthier targets than clueless refs
And I'd add in that 'injuries' should be seen to on the pitch and the game flows round them! The game is ruined by cheats - players, managers and refs - who seem to think that a major tactic to employ against a team who wants and can play football is to squash playing time into the low side of an hour! Every goal kick was a timewaster, and what would happen if a ref continually ignored somebody rough-housing for half the game. A foul is a foul and should be sanctioned. Deliberate timewasting is a foul!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.