Ref Watch

Are you talking about the Haaland one?

Reason being is it wasnt a foul....he should have stayed on his feet and gone through on goal...Nothing like a foul and really bad from him.....a sligh touch on the shoulder doesnt make someones legs give way...we call opposition players for diving and we need to have the same standards for our own
If it wasn't a foul he should have been booked for diving. But compare and contrast to Dias on Salah and tell me we aren't refereed differently?

The referee had an undue influence on the game today (not the result; that's squarely in us for not being clinical enough). He emboldened Forest and put doubt in the minds of our players. How that remained 11 v 11 I'll never know. Forest could/should easily have had 2 sent off.

I might have missed it for being drunk, but I don't think I saw the VAR lines going "green" for the Forest equaliser? Is it just me? They seemed to stay red/blue.

The time keeping in these games is absolutely outrageous, beyond a bad joke now. Honestly, of all the things that are really shit about refereeing at the moment (and there's a lot), this is probably the most annoying because it's so fucking easy to fix.

A ten year old could time these games more consistently than these professionally paid referees.
Absolutely bang on. I can’t help thinking that behind the scenes the TV money men are telling the PL that they don’t want halves dragging on to 55 or even 60 minutes which they would if as you suggest any ten year old kid was handed a stopwatch and told to stop it every time a player was down “injured”.

Big corporations paying big bucks for adverts probably resent having to wait 45 mins to foist their nonsense upon us and would surely lobby against letting any rule changes see that extending to nearly an hour.

If it wasn't a foul he should have been booked for diving. But compare and contrast to Dias on Salah and tell me we aren't refereed differently?

The referee had an undue influence on the game today (not the result; that's squarely in us for not being clinical enough). He emboldened Forest and put doubt in the minds of our players. How that remained 11 v 11 I'll never know. Forest could/should easily have had 2 sent off.
Its not abut ref'd differently - its about what is right...I said other players do it from other teams and we moan about it (you have just shown this as well) - neither is a foul and should not be given as so ever

All on Pep and his continued use of Bernardo Silva at left back and as you said our inability to finish (plus our midfield again being quite poor (KDB esp)

Are you talking about the Haaland one?

Reason being is it wasnt a foul....he should have stayed on his feet and gone through on goal...Nothing like a foul and really bad from him.....a sligh touch on the shoulder doesnt make someones legs give way...we call opposition players for diving and we need to have the same standards for our own
Dive? No. The game has evolved. Players will go down if they feel a touch, players play for it. The problem is we don’t get the free kicks we should get. There is a huge amount of unconscious levelling up by the refs, we have a much higher bar when it comes to the refs. Do you think we’d be given that pen on Weds?

Its not abut ref'd differently - its about what is right...I said other players do it from other teams and we moan about it (you have just shown this as well) - neither is a foul and should not be given as so ever

There was a clear example today of the way we are reffed differently. KDB had a little burst past a couple of players near the edge of the area, got a shot away (which was woeful) and then got taken out after his shot had gone.

Exactly the same, in other words, as the Arsenal penalty on Wednesday night other than outside the box not in it.

I'll let you guess whether the ref gave the free kick or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.