Refereeing Decisions 98

Crouchinho

Team supported
Tottenham Hotspur
I was just watching an old video of world cup 98. Two big decisions in the tournament that people still talk about today.

David Beckham being sent off v Argentina & Laurent Blanc being sent off against Croatia

At the time there was a lot of uproar about it all. I still think the David Beckham one is soft, the Slaven Bilic one he made a meal out of it but I think Blanc in this day and age would easily be sent off, I didn't think he should have been at the time

Do you think they're both a red card nowadays?! What about back then, was it a red card for you?

Both look like clear reds. Yeah they might not have been the worst offences but you still can't kick out at someone or slap them in the face.

Both idiots and by the letter of the law they have to go, but having said that, I've seen very similar get yellows - depending on the ref and the colour of the shirt. It's interesting to hear the likes of Howie Redshirt giving his fourpennorth on refereeing decisions these days. I'm convinced that were he in the middle with the whistle he'd be giving summat different to what he pontificates from that electronic shed he inhabits!

Team Beckham was pure petulance yet he made a lot of money off the back of it.

They were both reds for me at the time and I've not changed my view. Sure, both Simeone and Bilic make a 4-course meal out of it but violent conduct should always be a straight red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.