Referees/Officials

First, I agree, but that's not a foul then.

If you're outside, take the ball, and are obviously fouled in the area, is it a penalty? Well, no it isn't, since the first foul is you, being outside. It's exactly the same situation here.

Secondly, Unfortunately for you, I watched almost every game of City. I guess you are talking about Walker's foul? Should have been a penalty and a red card, yeah. But it's not a reason to change the rules for the next games. You can make the contact obvious if you want (it's risky tho), but here, he dived before the contact, once again. You can just stop frame by frame if you dont trust me.

You don't watch Monaco's games I imagine ( ;) ) but all season long, refs didnt does well for us. At PSG, they missed two clears handball and gave a penalty for almost nothing for them. Tho, i'm not blaming the ref for didnt call an outside on your goal, since there was no offside, even tough it was hard to judge at full speed.
If the keeper comes sliding in at a striker, misses the ball, and the striker jumps over the keeper - like Aguero could've done - then it's absolutely a foul. Just because there was no contact the keeper still impeded the striker. If you think that isn't a foul, then it's very obvious why the strikers prefer to let the keeper make contact with them, because it makes it more obvious that it is a foul.

I'm not suggesting rule changes, I'm suggesting players let contact be made with them because referee's don't give fouls if there's no contact/the player stays up - even when it is a foul. That's why you see people letting the opposition make contact with them, it's not diving, it's having no choice, if you want to get the correct decision (penalty) then you have to let the keeper hit you - that's the fault of the referee's in my eyes, if they gave the decisions to honest players then there would be no need to make contact, but it never happens.

BlueMedic
That I agree with. The booking was more offensive than the non-penalty call. I think it should have been one, as Aguero had nowhere to go and the sweeping leg blocked his movement while only getting a feather of a touch on the ball, but it wouldn't have been the worst I've seen not given. What you say about staying up/going over is also true - the players now have no idea what the ref is reffing.

The Monaco penalty - the wrong there was the 10 second gap to decide. Difficult to tell how much contact Otamendi made, but it looked plausible as a foul as Otamendi was the wrong side and behind..

Was surprised too, but it's obviously the 5th ref choice. Thats 10 seconds are just the moment it takes for main ref to talk with his 5th side. That was a foul, but i would discuss about Falcao's positionning. Didn't saw if he was offside or not.

If the keeper comes sliding in at a striker, misses the ball, and the striker jumps over the keeper - like Aguero could've done - then it's absolutely a foul. Just because there was no contact the keeper still impeded the striker. If you think that isn't a foul, then it's very obvious why the strikers prefer to let the keeper make contact with them, because it makes it more obvious that it is a foul.

I'm not suggesting rule changes, I'm suggesting players let contact be made with them because referee's don't give fouls if there's no contact/the player stays up - even when it is a foul. That's why you see people letting the opposition make contact with them, it's not diving, it's having no choice, if you want to get the correct decision (penalty) then you have to let the keeper hit you - that's the fault of the referee's in my eyes, if they gave the decisions to honest players then there would be no need to make contact, but it never happens.

Totally agreed. Again, i'm not denying Subasic's foul (and horrible game anyway :D). ;)
I'm just sayin that Aguero dive before the contact. He should have just keep running on subasic.
Also totally agreed on a 9/10 times situation, no doubt about it.

The calls were good for me, but wouldn't have been a mess if it goes to other side, cause it's commonly called like this. Especially with the Ref giving yellow card easily all game long for both sides.

Glad to talk with someone calm ;)

Totally agreed. Again, i'm not denying Subasic's foul (and horrible game anyway :D). ;)
I'm just sayin that Aguero dive before the contact. He should have just keep running on subasic.

The calls were good for me, but wouldn't have been a mess if it goes to other side, cause it's commonly called like this. Especially with the Ref giving yellow card easily all game long for both sides.

I could accept the no penalty, and the Monaco penalty. But the dive you'll never convince me, it simply wasn't - and Aguero is simply not a diver, check out the winning goal against QPR to win the title, he gets fouled & instead of going down to get a last minute penalty he stays up and scores. He's a very honest player.

Yeah I'm sure your not trying to antagonise people on here, but you must understand coming on & saying Aguero is a diver won't go down very well. Hence some of the unhappy responses you're getting.

Look forward to the next leg, Monaco play enjoyable football like ourselves, it certainly isn't over & hope the next match is similar.

I'm happy for tugbacks to be booked every time. They're a blight.

I think the best way to put it is that Monaco were lucky in both decisions. You could argue that both were correct (penalty decisions, not the yellow card) - but how often are they actually given that way?

The keeper skimmed the ball, no chance the ref saw that, he just guessed Aguero dived hence the booking - 9/10 times that's not seen & penalty is given.
Otamendi on Falcao again, it happens so often in games, think you can argue it was a good decision in hindsight, but when are they ever given? Especially by the 5th official. Again probably a 9/10 not given situation.

Yes.

I could accept the no penalty, and the Monaco penalty. But the dive you'll never convince me, it simply wasn't - and Aguero is simply not a diver, check out the winning goal against QPR to win the title, he gets fouled & instead of going down to get a last minute penalty he stays up and scores. He's a very honest player.

Yeah I'm sure your not trying to antagonise people on here, but you must understand coming on & saying Aguero is a diver won't go down very well. Hence some of the unhappy responses you're getting.

Look forward to the next leg, Monaco play enjoyable football like ourselves, it certainly isn't over & hope the next match is similar.

Again, agreed.
I just said on this single action, he played it badly by diving early. Its not diving like a flop on basketball, maybe i'm using the wrong terms, it's "exagerating the contact" like you said. In this case, he just anticipate it, but the ref saw (more probably guessed) it.

Rewatch it, honnestly, you'll see both of his feet leaving the ground and his upside boddy going down before the contact ;)

Same here for the second leg, really enjoyable game. Maybe the best for this year C1 so far. Two high-talented team.

Again, agreed.
I just said on this single action, he played it badly by diving early. Its not diving like a flop on basketball, maybe i'm using the wrong terms, it's "exagerating the contact" like you said. In this case, he just anticipate it, but the ref saw (more probably guessed) it.

Rewatch it, honnestly, you'll see both of his feet leaving the ground and his upside boddy going down before the contact ;)

Same here for the second leg, really enjoyable game. Maybe the best for this year C1 so far. Two high-talented team.
I stayed up last night after the game to watch the controversial decisions on TV as I was convinced the ref was wrong. We have had so many decisions go against us this season that every city fan believes every decision by a referee is wrong.

I don't agree that Aguero dived, although I will try and look at it again. I think Aguero was taken out by your keeper but it looked like the keeper got the ball first. I would say no penalty, but no yellow. I had no idea why you were awarded a penalty at the time, but watching back, Otamendi makes a tackle on Falcao and it was not clear from the TV pictures as to whether he gets the ball. Sterling's first goal was slightly offside but it was a very fine decision.

If he hadn't "dived way before the contact" (which isn't true anyway), then the keeper would still have impeded his run - which is a foul. You don't watch City's games I imagine, but recently Sterling has stayed on his feet when being fouled & we've not been given penalties when they should have been; hence it's obvious why players make the contact obvious to make sure they get the penalty they deserve.

So yes, Aguero could have avoided the contact, but it still should've been a penalty as the keeper would've impeded him unfairly. One thing it categorically isn't, is a dive.

If you were going to argue anything, you should focus on the ball, there's an argument to be had that the keeper got the ball first - so at best for Monaco it was no penalty, but no dive. At worst it's a penalty & red card for the keeper. 9 times out of 10 that incident will be a penalty & red card for the keeper - Monaco were lucky, of that there's no doubt.

Point of order: Unless it was adjudged to be a cynical foul on Kun it wouldn't have been an automatic Red (from the start of this season). The penalty award would be deemed to be sufficient punishment.

I stayed up last night after the game to watch the controversial decisions on TV as I was convinced the ref was wrong. We have had so many decisions go against us this season that every city fan believes every decision by a referee is wrong.

I don't agree that Aguero dived, although I will try and look at it again. I think Aguero was taken out by your keeper but it looked like the keeper got the ball first. I would say no penalty, but no yellow. I had no idea why you were awarded a penalty at the time, but watching back, Otamendi makes a tackle on Falcao and it was not clear from the TV pictures as to whether he gets the ball. Sterling's first goal was slightly offside but it was a very fine decision.

When you got do do a frame by frame situation to saw it... One frame he isn't, the other he is, and you can't say when the ball goess off.
I'm really glad that it goes on the offense way on such a close call, even if it's agains us this time.

100% sure it was a penalty for kun if he didnt exagerate the foul.

Tho, I understand the situation of having a lot of decisions going against your team, trust me.

Just remember 2014 Juventus/Monaco. The first leg, no decision went in our side (2 litigious contact in the area on martial). So when i was at the stadium on the second leg, and i saw this f**** give a yellow card on Chiellini's handball at one minute for "not killing the game", trust me, i was totally out of control haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.