Referees/Officials

You are right Pingu the refereeing has been awful and as I was arguing in work today we have been on the bad end of many of those decisions.

People are arguing with me because they have not followed the thread accurately. The reference to being blinkered was in relation to inchy14 who claimed no controversial decision against the top sides has gone in our favour and that thinking dilutes the argument because it just looks ridiculously biased. . Matalartin has named a couple already.

Where has he mentioned any dubious or contentious decisions that have gone in our favour? As for ridiculously biased?? First of all i'm a blue who's always going to see things in a blue tinted way, that's the nature of football fans. But when even the neutral fans are saying the same then you know somethings amiss.

I want you to name me any decisions that have gone in our favour that Sky or BT have then shown to be a shocker, but we both know you cant.

Equalising goal against arsenal at home. Well offside with arguments that silva was offside on our winner too that game. We've had a couple like that but nowhere near the amount that's gone against us

Sane was mm's at the most offside, so WELL offside is utter bollocks as every single replay showed it was only his toe that was in front. As for Silva being offside? he wasn't interfering in play as the ball was about 4 yards to his right, and even Cech said something similar about it.

You are still evading the question with idiotic statements.

Very simply - have we benefited from clearcut, gamechanging errors, such as a definite penalty and / or red card?

Here, let me list a few "favourable" decisions
1. Arsenal Sane "offside" - so marginal that it took multiple replay angles
Benefit of doubt to attacker, so no offside

2. Arsenal Silva "offside" - when he wasnt even in the path of the shot, or in the goalkeeper's line of sight
Not interfering with play, no offside

3. Burnley "penalty"
Where their player fouled happened to be offside

4. Manure "penalty"
A 50-50, possibly very soft penalty - in contrast to a clearcut City penalty not given (where their defender cleaned out ottamendi i think, in the penalty box, with no touch on the ball)

Does any these look like the penalty / red card / goal not awarded in maybe eight of our matches this season?

What 'penalty'? Surely you don't mean Bravo on Rooney?

I walked into work yesterday morning and to a man, place full of Celtic and Rangers fans and even a Rag said we got absolutely fucked over again by the ref.

One lad who isnt even a football fan but plays Ice Hockey and has watched us regularly this season because he likes a bet on the footy says it's happened virtually every single game he has watched of us.

Those are not blue tinted specs!

Could not agree more. I told everyone in work the same and the people I spoke to thought the same also.

My only point, and this is my only point, was to inchy14 who claimed a controversial decision had never gone our way this year. I said that was blinkered and if we claim that it dilutes the valid argument as we just look like biased/partisan football fans.

Where has he mentioned any dubious or contentious decisions that have gone in our favour? As for ridiculously biased?? First of all i'm a blue who's always going to see things in a blue tinted way, that's the nature of football fans. But when even the neutral fans are saying the same then you know somethings amiss.

I want you to name me any decisions that have gone in our favour that Sky or BT have then shown to be a shocker, but we both know you cant.

Sane was mm's at the most offside, so WELL offside is utter bollocks as every single replay showed it was only his toe that was in front. As for Silva being offside? he wasn't interfering in play as the ball was about 4 yards to his right, and even Cech said something similar about it.

See again your changing your point. You said no controversial decisions had gone in our favour. Plenty have been listed for you by others. Was Bravos tackle on Rooney not controversial?

They have and to suggest otherwise is blinkered. Nothing wrong with seeing things through a blue haze but if you cannot be objective it dilutes your argument which is my only point.

I'm beginning to think the bad decisions are part of the reason that we're not playing as well as we can. You can see it in the players body language. They look as if they expect the decisions to go against them. And when they do there's an air of fatalism about the team. A sort of "what can you do?" attitude.
this is spot on. I thought the same. what worries me is if we are thinking it and our payers are thinking it what is there to stop potential transfer targets to think twice about coming here. there will be talk of all this out there in football land. they know they wont win anything coming here, the CL especially.

See again your changing your point. You said no controversial decisions had gone in our favour. Plenty have been listed for you by others. Was Bravos tackle on Rooney not controversial?

They have and to suggest otherwise is blinkered. Nothing wrong with seeing things through a blue haze but if you cannot be objective it dilutes your argument which is my only point.
bravo should gone for that. wish he had :()

The press and Sky wanted to make the Rooney tackle controversial because that's what they do. Anybody else without an agenda to push saw it rightly as a great tackle on a player who should have been sent off himself that game.

Edit - bill proving my point right there.

Not seen it yesterday on TV, when did the linesman flag. If it is pretty much straight away it is probably a mistake, if it's when it looks dangerous or even worse we score then something else!
When Sane crossed the ball the linesman was running back with the direction of play and was level with the edge of the penalty area so it's immaterial where he flagged. He guessed because it was physically impossible for him to see wether the ball was out. To do that correctly he would have had to be level with the flight of the ball. Given that their training is not to guess I will leave you to your own conclusions as to why he did it.

When Sane crossed the ball the linesman was running back with the direction of play and was level with the edge of the penalty area so it's immaterial where he flagged. He guessed because it was physically impossible for him to see wether the ball was out. To do that correctly he would have had to be level with the flight of the ball. Given that their training is not to guess I will leave you to your own conclusions as to why he did it.

I'm not sure that really applies to linesmen. It doesnt seem to me that when they make offside decisions there's a significant imbalance in favour of the attacker.

Whatever side of this argument you are on it is apparent that we go to games if not knowing but at the very least thinking a bad decision will be made that will influence a game.

That is wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.